Transfering existing contacts onto my new Blackberry device

SOLVED
Community Manager (Retired)

How do I transfer all my existing contacts onto my new Blackberry device?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Transfering existing contacts onto my new Blackberry device

Solved by Community Manager (Retired) FidoErin
1. Make sure you copy all the contacts from your current phone to your SIM card.
2. Insert your SIM card into your new Blackberry device.
3. On your Blackberry; from the home screen open the ADDRESS BOOK.
4. Press MENU and select the SIM PHONE BOOK option.
5. press MENU again and select, "COPY ALL TO ADDRESS BOOK"
View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager (Retired)

1. Make sure you copy all the contacts from your current phone to your SIM card.
2. Insert your SIM card into your new Blackberry device.
3. On your Blackberry; from the home screen open the ADDRESS BOOK.
4. Press MENU and select the SIM PHONE BOOK option.
5. press MENU again and select, "COPY ALL TO ADDRESS BOOK"

I'm a Participant Level 1

How do I trasfer my info from my old sim card to my new one? (renewed my contract, new phone, and smaller sim card)

Hi Julie26,

This depends on the previous phone you were using, you can either export all contacts to .vcf file and move those VCF files to your PC then Import or get them into Outlook. Then, using Desktop Manager sync your updated Outlook to your BlackBerry. You can Download Desktop Manager from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

(If you are not using a new BlackBerry, you can import the .vcf files with a free application on Google Play to your new phone or use the following memory card method)

Or, if both phones can use the same memory card: Export the contacts as a .vcf file to the memory card, then use it on the new phone, select the folder where the .vcf files got transferred (default is media card --> blackberry --> documents) Then when you see the vcf files open them and select add to contacts.

Hope this helps!

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

I'm an Expert Level 2

there are much easier ways and more people should be encouraged and study/learn how to do this,. its called synching your contacts with a server. you already have an email address, so simply synch the contacts of your email address with the phone. so they follow your phone. once you do this you would never go back
I'm a Participant Level 1

blackberry service including calendar/contacts/email