Text Message time stamp

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Text Message time stamp

Hi,

I just got the new iPhone 4 the other day and I'm still getting used to it. I sent a text to a friend and then turned off my phone and went to bed. When I got up in the morning and turned on my phone I saw that she texted me back. The thing is it's showing me that it was sent at the time I turned my phone on but I know it was sent the night before. Is there anyway of finding out when the message was actually sent?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Text Message time stamp

Hey Bailey,

In short to answer your question it is not possible to find out when the message was actually sent to your phone. Since your phone was turned off when you turned it back on that was when the message had the opportunity to come through thus that is when the phone thought it got the message. Hope that makes sense Tongue

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee
Solution

Hey Bailey,

In short to answer your question it is not possible to find out when the message was actually sent to your phone. Since your phone was turned off when you turned it back on that was when the message had the opportunity to come through thus that is when the phone thought it got the message. Hope that makes sense Tongue

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the clarification Spy2300!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted