Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering is not working with playbook + curve 9300

rnz
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I am having problems with tethering. I have paired the playbook tablet with os 2.0 and a curve 9300 phone successfully (tethering menu) but when I go to the browser on the tablet and try to visit a url it takes forever to show the page. I have a 500mb data plan on the phone.

Any ideas? Thanks.

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

NFLPLAYBOOK
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

You need a 1GB plan or higher to use tethering without extra charges. You can use the PlayBook Bridged though. The 9300 is an OS 6 device and has slower modem speeds. You would need to upgrade both your data plan and your BB to gain faster speeds through tethering. EI; 9900, 9810, 9860. Check the hspa download speed specs of the device. Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
you DON"T need a 1GB plan or higher to use tethering, I have the 500mb plan and tether just fine with my playbook and my blackberry 85xx phone via blue tooth. I think the 1G or higher was specific to iphones to enable the tethering menu on those devices only.

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

When you browse the internet with just the curve 9300 is the speed slow...?  I assume this model is the 3G version, but then again 3G speeds really depend on what tower u r connected to and if that tower is congested.

Let us know Smiley