Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Téléphone Fracassé

vivi_poirier1
I'm a participant level 2

Bonjour,

J'ai un téléphone depuis 2018 et je n'ai pas terminé de le payer. Il me reste à peu près 104$ dessus. La semaine passée, je l'ai échappé sur le trottoir et la vitre est complètement frascassé. Depuis, les craques s'accumulent et depuis ce matin, je ne vois tout simplement plus mon écran (tout est devenu mauve et pixelisé). Comme je n'ai pas de garanti sur ce téléphone, ai-je quand même accès au programme de réparation ? Si oui, à quels frais ? Ce n'est vraiment pas clair sur le site. Sinon, quel serait mon option la plus raisonnable en terme de coûts ? 

Avec le Covid, tout le service à la clientèle est coupé. Quelqu'un peut m'aider ?? 

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Salut Vivi_Poirer1,

Bienvenue dans la communauté!

Je vais continuer en anglais car c'est le forum anglais. Il y a aussi un forum en français ici.

Sorry to hear your phone got damaged. I understand the phone is out of warranty. I assume that also means that you did not purchase Device protection for the device.

Fido does have a new Repair program. Since only a few stores remain open due to Covid-19, they recommend you start your repair process online or via technical support (see here). I understand you'll be unable to use the Device toolbox within the app because of your damaged phone. You should also be able to initiate the repair process with their Repair portal link provided.

Since your device is out-of-warranty, a repair estimate will apply. If you choose to proceed with the repair, a repair cost will replace the estimate cost. I assume you will be provided with the estimate cost once you have initiated the repair process.

If you did have Device protection, the repair costs would vary depending on the original cost of the device (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @vivi_poirier1,

Since the device is already broken the Device Protection would not cover it you would have had to have the coverage prior to the damage.

vivi_poirier1

Okay good to know.

What is my best solution then ? 

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hey @vivi_poirier1,

Depending on the type of phone you have repairing it might not be worth it, you can always payout the balance and then finance a new device.

I see Fido is currently offering a $100 credit online this weekend when you finance a new device see here for full details.