cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Experia Pro Durability

turbonail
I'm a participant level 2

About two weeks ago I purchased a sony experia pro to replace an old iphone3 for my wife.

She pulled it out of her purse today and it was damaged.

It looks like there is a pressure crack on the inside of the screen and the touchscreen doesn't work.

She says there was no excessive force or dropping of the phone. I am sure there will be no warranty on this and I will have to send out for repair.

She has never had any issues with her iphone in three years of it being inside her purse

Can anyone else comment if they have experienced a similar issue with this phone?

I don't want to pay to replace the screen/digitizer if it is just going to crack again with normal use.

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

choy
I'm a contributor level 1

Mine got scratched by my car keys in my pocket, and there seems to be some dust that got inside the glass. The scratches are on the glass by the speaker and on the plastic case on the side.

But it still works well.  But yeah, it does seem easy to scratch.  I always put my keys and phone in the same pocket but this is the first time I got such deep scratches.  And I have owned Sony Ericsson phones since 2003.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@ Community: Does anyone have any feedback on the device?

turbonail

Thank you all for the feedback....

Regardless,  it was a fairly inexpensive repair through the Sony authorized repair centre(less than $100 with return shipping) We will see how long the new digitizer holds up.

On a side note 

I was a little disappointed that my local Fido store sent me to a few places in the mall to look at getting it fixed, rather than sending it out for repair to Sony  and giving me a loaner phone.

I realize it was not a warranty repair and was willing to pay all of the associated fees.

BingIsSME
Hey, I have the Pro too and so far it has been very durrable for me. The described damage to your phone doesn't sound like it was done lightly. I had my phone (No case) on the dash and turned a corner and it slid right out the window. I thought it was done for, there were pieces all over the place. Well as it turned out the backing came off and the battery came out, but the screen had no cracks, just a small scratch about 1.5cm long and you can't see it when the screen is on, no damage to the casing or chrome frame, not even a scuff.

Another time it fell outta the pocket in my hoody when I was taking the keys out and it bounced down 13 cement steps in an apartment building, again no damage other than the cover and battery falling off.

I have had great success with this partiicular model phone and I would get it again if the bootloader was unlocked so I could do the ICS install.