Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 Ultra Delays

ghost030492
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

I made a pre-order with Fido for S20 Ultra on Feb 11, the same day the phone was announced. My position in line is number 3.

The phone officially launched in Canada and Fido on March 6.

I haven't received any emails or calls from Fido since making a reservation 1 month ago.

I called the store where the device was supposed to be delivered on March 6 and they initially told me that Ultra was not yet available at the store and should arrive on the following week. They only had regular S20.

Fast forward to this week, I called the Support line and the store again. Now they were saying that the phone is being delayed by Samsung itself and they don't have any ETA when the phone will arrive and I just should wait for whenever this happens.

My understanding was that by pre-ordering the day the phone was announced would give me a high enough priority to get the phone on the release date, since it's shipped to the store so no  Samsung restrictions apply in terms of when the device can be shipped (it still should've been at least March 6).

I found some posts on Reddit of people who also reserved S20 Ultra through Fido and contacted stores and support receiving no explanation of what happened and no ETA.

My order status still says Open today and I don't see any official statement from Fido. This is very upsetting and disturbing to me since clearly everyone who pre-ordered S20 Ultra is impacted.

Could I get some clarity on what's going on and when I should expect my phone?

Thank you.

37 REPLIES 37