cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J810G/DS

jcthomas954
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I bought a Samsung Galaxy J810G/DS.  Is it fully compatible with Fido in Ontario, Canada ?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jcthomas954,

Welcome to the community!

I believe this version is the phone you have. While the numbering in the address does not specifically include DS, the specifications list the device as dual-SIM.

According to those specifications, these are its bands/frequencies:

• 2G GSM GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
  • 3G UMTS B1(2100), B2(1900), B5(850), B8(900)
  • 4G FDD LTE B1(2100), B3(1800), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B20(800)
  • 4G TDD LTE B38(2600), B40(2300), B41(2500)

Judging by those specifications, that phone has all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone only has one compatible band/frequency, band 7 or 2600MHz. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. While the phone should work on the networks, LTE coverage would depend on corresponding bands/frequencies used at your surrounding cellular towers. Not all bands/frequencies are used at all cellular towers. You can get an idea of your area cellular towers here.

In addition, it should be noted that the different bands/frequencies have varying characteristics. For example, the higher frequencies generally have a greater potential bandwidth than the lower frequencies (see table here). On the other hand, the higher frequencies tend to decay faster. That is, they do not travel as far, nor penetrate as well as the lower frequencies (see graphic here). Band 7 (2600MHz) would be prone to a quicker decay than the other bands/frequencies.

It should also be noted that since the phone was not purchased from Fido, certain services (ie voLTE and Wifi-calling) won't likely work with that phone.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers