cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9/S9+ not getting any updates????

Azzam20
I'm a participant level 2

why isnt the s9 or s9 plus receiving any update not even a security patch its stuck on feburary patch? when older phones like s8  already got may patch huh fido???????????///

14 REPLIES 14

damansandhu
I'm a participant level 1

Galaxy S9 android Pie update date is mentioned 4 february on fido website.But still its not available??

Hey @damansandhu

Thanks for posting Smiley 

The expected availability of the update was supposed to be on 02/04/2019. 

As mentioned by @Cawtau, the upgrades are rolled out in batches. 

You should be getting it soon! 

@FidoValeska wrote:

Hey @damansandhu

Thanks for posting Smiley 

The expected availability of the update was supposed to be on 02/04/2019. 

As mentioned by @Cawtau, the upgrades are rolled out in batches. 

You should be getting it soon! 

This information is completely false. There's no batch release for Samsung OS updates. It's either on the release server (and everyone on the carrier gets it) or it's not (and no one gets it. As is the current case). The problem is it was never activated on Feb 4th so you missed your own deadline and this isn't the first time this happens based on Fido's past history.

Hello @Arun_s  Smiley I moved your post here since it's related to the same topic.

@Community 

I went over this thread and I can understand that everyone is waiting for the latest update for their device.

We took the time to contact our support team and they informed us that the rollout was delayed and will begin on February 7 for the S9/S9+

Keep an eye on the Os Upgrade schedule here.

Thank you for your patience.

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

hi. I got my s9plus from Samsung store west Edmonton mall. I am with fido since 2008. the update for pie come in this morning. same time as Roger's . just plug in ur phone into power or wireless.  update download.  reboot phone. and login to phone. 

Hey @patrickchan! I hope you're doing well. Smiley

I've moved your post to this thread, as it's relavent to the Samsung S9 update information you wanted to provide.

Arun_s

Hi, Any idea if Android P update has been rolled out to Samsung galaxy S9. The forum says as Feb 4 but haven't still got any update.

Maan1

Feb 4 is almost gone still there's no sign of the update. Worst service 🤨🤨😏😏

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Heads up @Azzam20 - the April & May security updates will start rolling out on June 4 for the S9/S9+. Smiley

Azzam20

It's the 4th of June and there's no update dude

Hello again,

@Azzam20 wrote:

It's the 4th of June and there's no update dude

The rollouts occur in batches. The June 4th date was when they would begin the rollout. You should be receiving the update shortly.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Azzam20,

Welcome to the community!

As others have already noted, there are many factors that go in to releasing software updates and security patches. Before any mobile provider can provide an update, it first needs to be released by the phone manufacturers. I understand some of the older Samsungs have already gotten the May security patches, however, you should note that Samsung regularly rolls out new security and maintenance releases for mid-range devices first before expanding it to its flagship models. Samsung only recently released the update in Germany and the UK (see here and here).

Canadian mobile providers will have to wait until Samsung Canada releases the update before they can perform their tests prior to the roll-out.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Azzam20!

patrickchan is right. There are lots of factors that go in to releasing software updates and security patches. 

You can check out this infographic for more information on the whole process.

Keep an eye on our OS upgrade schedule page too. When any updates are released, it will be updated there. 

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

this depends on Rogers (Fido / Chatr) support and testing for the samsung s9+. as well as depends when samsung release the software for the s9+ as well.