cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair NIGHTMARE

AngryCustomer12
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I sent my Nexus 6P for a simple battery repair. Flagship store in Pacific Centre in Vancouver. I was told it would take up to 2 weeks to get my phone back. We now passed that deadline. I called customer service and I have been told customer service could not track repair status (which is unacceptable). I was asked to call the store. When I called the store, person on the phone told me they could not track status either (this is even more unacceptable). If my phone is delayed and no FIDO person can give me a status update, this opens FIDO up to litigation risks. I read in these forums people waiting up to three months. It's only a matter of time before a pissed off lawyer (like me) decided to take time out of his busy schedule and make an example out of FIDO. Such action will follow a significant pr coverage as well which is the real intent. A simple battery change should not result in a run around like this. This is illegal and FIDO needs to pull it's act together before losing face in public.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Another keyboard lawyer. Yes I'm sure an actual lawyer spends his/her day fretting over an old smartphone repair. Class action lawsuit because your broken old phone has gone AWOL? RIdiculous !!!!! I'm sure Fido provided you a loaner phone to get by during this mourning period waiting for the 6P to return home. Get a grip and lighten up Francis. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community AngryCustomer12!

I get where you're coming from and I do understand your frustration with the delays on this. Our store repair process normally takes about 10 business days, and I do apologize for the fact that it's been longer than that!

I'd love to take a look a look at your account to see exactly what's going on and look into getting a status update for you.

I'll send you a PM right away so we can get started! Smiley