cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS

uneeb97
I'm a contributor level 1

I have a non-Fido phone and I have not received RCS on my phone yet. Is anyone else having this problem? My family members with Fido phones have it already. Is it just that non-Fido phones are excluded from having it? I have a OnePlus 3T for reference.

***Edited to add labels***

17 REPLIES 17

TetraVaal
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

You should fill a bug report on the Oneplus forum. I think it's something they have to fix in Oxygen OS. 

Hey everyone, 

Just letting you know that @DouglasRR shared a solution to this here

Cheers!

@FidoStephane disabling the carrier service to get the messenger enhance features to activate should not be the solution if anything its just a workaround. 

Most importantly from what i've seen only the Google phones comes with that app installed. 

Morning @KAPABLE-K

Just trying to help out as many members as possible Smiley

Kenjuta
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

it also only works on Android Messages app I believe so make sure you're using that

uneeb97

Yep. I'm using the Android Messages app but I haven't gotten the "Enable Enhanced Messages" prompt yet. I know OnePlus supports RCS (latest version is OxygenOS 5.0 on Android Oreo) since I checked the forums over there and people have it with other carriers. It's the Rogers/Fido customers that don't have it available. 

Hey uneeb97!

Do you know if your device is running the latest versio of the app?

What tests have you tried so far? Have you tried clearing the app cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, or even performing a factory reset of your device?

Let us know! 

uneeb97

It's running the latest version. And I have tried all that.

uneeb97

I think the problem is just that, like WiFi Calling and VoLTE, Fido doesn't support RCS for unlocked devices.

@uneedb97

If you take off the LTE, do you get a different result?

uneeb97

nope

Thanks @uneeb97

How long have you had the App? And how long have you been waiting for the update? Thanks!

uneeb97

Few days now. Other people I know got the enhanced features as soon as they downloaded the app while I still haven't.

Hey @uneeb97

Thank you for these updates. At this point, it would seem that this service is not guaranteed to work on this particular OS. 

uneeb97

Do you have any idea why or when it will be supported? It works with other carriers so why not Fido?

Hey @uneeb97

No news on that for now but we'll do our best to keep you posted! 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Uneeb97,

Welcome to the community!

Any updates would have to be provided by the phone manufacturer first, before getting fowarded to mobile providers. However, since Fido does not sell any of the OnePlus devices, it's unlikely that the phone manufacturers would forward any updates to them. In addition, OnePlus devices use their own proprietary version of android, Oxygen OS. You would have to get any updates directly from them. Which OS version do you have? As far as I can tell, the current version for that device is 4.5.1 (see here). If that version does not have RCS support, you will have to contact OnePlus directly.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers