cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning on getting a new phone with different SIM Card. How to update?

haven
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello!

I'm planning on buying a new phone, but the SIM card size is different than what I currently have. My current phone has a micro SIM, but the one I plan to buy has a nano SIM, and it isn't a multi-SIM. Due to Covid-19, it isn't possible to go into the store to buy a new SIM card. Is there a way to do it online?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Haven,

Welcome to the community!

Are you planning to get your phone from Fido? If so, new phone purchases usually come with a SIM included for just that reason. On the other hand, if you are not planning to get your phone from Fido, I think you would need to contact customer service to order a new SIM card. You should note that you'll likely get charged for the new SIM card. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Once you receive your new SIM card, you'll need to update your account with the SIM card information via My Account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers