Phone prices

Phone prices

Phone prices

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 2

Phone prices

Where does Fido get their prices, I've noticed that phone prices are always higher than what they truly sell for, why is this?

Here's the Pixel 5 from the Google store vs the Fido store

pricing.jpg

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone prices

Solved by Moderator

Hey @KhenaB !

Although you may notice that the full price for the device is higher when purchasing it through us, the advantage we are offering is that you can pay in installments with no interest.
We offer this incentive as an alternate mean to get the device you want with services.

As a service provider, we set our own prices, just like our plans and promos. The pricing of our devices is constantly reviewed and changed often as well. We also sometimes have promotional offers on the financing, and the device could end up costing less than the manufacturer's full price. Smiley

Sure you can pay the full amount with the manufacturer instead, or you can pay in installments. Either way, you'll be able to use the phone with your Fido plan!

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @KhenaB,

Welcome to the community! 

The price of devices varies from time to time depending on promotions. The manufacturer can charge what they want for the phone, though we have to charge what we paid for them at full price, which can be lower sometimes due to our financing promotions. 

It's a little hard to understand your sentences but I assume you mean "charge what we paid" and "sometimes to do our"

Are you saying that you guys pay higher than the manufacturer price? This is hard to believe, especially since in this case the phone is not even out yet, prices haven't had time to change. The "deal" amount is the actual manufacturer price (799 ÷ 24 = 33.29$) so why not just change the full price to the real price and not make it look like it's on sale, which is a little misleading and seems a bit dishonest to me.

No worries! 

Thank you for your feedback, it's always appreciated. Smiley
We definitely agree that honesty and transparency is the way to go.

If you have any other questions, we're here to answer them!

Hey @KhenaB !

Although you may notice that the full price for the device is higher when purchasing it through us, the advantage we are offering is that you can pay in installments with no interest.
We offer this incentive as an alternate mean to get the device you want with services.

As a service provider, we set our own prices, just like our plans and promos. The pricing of our devices is constantly reviewed and changed often as well. We also sometimes have promotional offers on the financing, and the device could end up costing less than the manufacturer's full price. Smiley

Sure you can pay the full amount with the manufacturer instead, or you can pay in installments. Either way, you'll be able to use the phone with your Fido plan!

That makes sense thanks for clarifying, I can't say that I agree with this way of pricing phones and trying to make it look like they're worth more but that's not up to me, I would actually feel better about pricing if it showed the actual manufacturer's price and then Fido's price, a little bit of transparency goes a long way.