cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone price question

jw05
I'm a participant level 2

So i decided to get this phone but according to my calculations Itshows the amount of $51.25/month instead of the $33.33/month. Am i wrong? Yes i included taxes as well.

crop.pngCapture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jw05,

Welcome to the community!

It's a common misconception that the monthly cost of the phone was reduced. However, that was technically not the case. The device cost shown on the website was calcuated after bill credit. The monthly cost of the phone remained the same but customers were getting a credit on their bill to offset the cost of the phone.

While the monthly installment for the phone would still be the $51.25 (before taxes) per month, there should be a discount of $17.92 which would calculate to the stated $33.33 per month.

I have replied to other similar queries explaining the math, here and here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey @jw05! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

To clarify, you will see a charge of $51.25 + tax for the phone on your invoice and a credit of $17.92 + tax will also appear as well. You can find out more about our financing program here.

I hope that helps!

jw05

Just to clarify,Will I be paying the full $51.25 each month? Or will I pay $33.33 each month and the device balance will lower $51.25 each month. Kind of pointless buying from fido when the price on Samsung Canada is $500 cheaper