cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending Phone Upgrade

AYoung75
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, I just want to know if my order for phone upgrade is in process. I placed the order online on Monday which is 29th november. I didn't get the confirmation email, nothing. But when I go to upgrade my device page, it says Upgrade Pending. I searched about the upgrade pending, but one guy said email should usually be received within 24 to 48 hours. I'm so frustrated right now Sad

8 REPLIES 8

noname6
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

the same here. Placed a HUP order over the phone on November 27th. No emails, no tracking, nothing! Used Live Chat to talk to a couple of agents. The last was Decmber 2nd. The guy checked and said that the order was with the warehouse and I should receive a email with tracking in 24 hours. Of course, that didn't happen. I think, agents are really trying to be helpful, but the system is broken. Going to give it till Monday and then will complain to CRTC.

Hey @AYoung75 & @noname6 Smiley

You can find more information on this in the post here !

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have more questions about your order. 

AYoung75

Thanks for your reply !

But what if I didn't receive the confirmation message at the end of the transaction on Fido.ca? However, I can see a pending upgrade order on my account. Is it normal?

Good morning @AYoung75 , yes the order pending message is normal and once your order is being processed and ready to ship you will be advised of shipping. I know it's a little frustrating but everyone is working hard to get your device to you.

I'm in BC and have one of the largest ports for shipping. With our highways being cut off from the rest of Canada, I would bet that the disruption is also affecting the rest of the country. Your order is definitely being looked after, just a little bit slower than usual. All the best, OL

AYoung75

Then can I know how many days it usually takes?

Hey @AYoung75

We typically process a request within 5 business days. However, if the phone you've ordered is backordered due to being high in demand, it can a few weeks. (depending on the model, color, capacity etc.)

Rest assured though, we're working as fast as possible to deliver the phones to all customers.

obcr_

If the phone is in back order and you receive it a few weeks later. Why is the most recent billing offer/promotion being applied in the contract we receive? 

can I call and flag this or is just an admin thing and the promotion will be respected? I have no written proof that I selected the promotion, by when I called to see what the hold up was, the rep confirmed the promotion I selected (at the time). 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @obcr_

It's good to know that you won't be billed the device financement cost while your order is pending. However, a change to your price plan and options may already be in effect, depending on when you chose to make those changes. 

As a side note, while on a 2 year term, you can change your plan, you don't have to keep the same plan options for the next 2 years. 

Though, please keep in mind that our plans generally come in 2 version, Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) or Fido Payment Program (FPP). The former is not compatible with device financements, so taking that plan while under contract will opt you out of your 2 year term and you'll need to pay the remaining balance of your device. The latter is the one you need to choose to finance a new phone or continue your current contract when making a plan change. See here for more info.

In regard to the financement, this will be added to your bill when the order is confirmed and your phone is ready to be shipped. That's also when you'll receive an email notification along with a tracking number to tell you that your phone is on it's way. Your next invoice will then include all the charges and credits associated with the phone cost.

Should you have any account specific questions or require assistance with your Fido account, don't hesitate to reach out to us on these channels.

Hope this helps!