cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK Not working

zwilliams
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello! I just got my Fido SIM today, found the PUK online and tried entering it twice, but each time my phone has said it failed to unblock the SIM card. I'm not sure what to do and don't want to to keep entering the PUK code for fear of my SIM being locked up permanently. Thank yo in advance!

*** Edited to add labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Zwilliams,

Welcome to the community!

What are you trying to do with the PUK code? If you just got your Fido SIM today, are you trying to activate the card?

The Personal Unlocking Key (PUK) is used to reset a PIN that has been lost or forgotten. If the wrong PIN is typed in more than three times, either the SIM card, the device, or both become locked. They can be returned to their original unlocked state by entering a PUK code.

Are you trying to reset the PIN on your device?

On the other hand, if you're trying to activate your SIM, you can do so here if you do not have an existing account. If you have an existing account you can Update your SIM via My Account. Activating or Updating your SIM does not use the PUK code.

Alternatively, are you trying to unlock your device for use on a different network? If this is what you're trying to accomplish, there are a couple of stipulations before you can unlock your phone (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @zwilliams

Keep us posted Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hi @zwilliams,

Welcome to the community! 

I understand you are looking for the PUK code to unlock your SIM, do you mean you need the unlock code to unlock the phone so it will accept your Fido SIM? The PUK and unlock codes are different. 

The unlock code is unique for every phone and you can get the unlock code from the previous provider or you can take it to a third party unlocking company and get it unlocked.

Fido would not be able to get the unlock code if the phone is not from them.

If its the unlock code you need just note that you usually have 10 tries before the phone is hard locked so do not enter random codes you find on the internet.