Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P20 pro wifi calling

RafaM
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

somebody can tell me how can activate wif i calling in my P20 pro?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Geoclam

I'm using a Huawei P20 (not the Pro)

I'm using WhatsApp for wi-fi calling.

Like many, (some with different phones), there is no option to goto "phone -- settings - call settings - allow wifiw calling".(or whatever sequence we're used to using). So I thought it wasn't possible to make wi-fi call's.

However, when replying to a text message from my sister in Rio, I thought "what-heck I'll just hit the call button within the app and see what happens"

So I did and it worked like a charm!!

It seems like it may not be necessary to pre-setup wi-fi calling within the phone system.- as the app (WhatsApp) will handle it by itself? 

It worked for me - give it a try.

Good luck.

Hello Geoclam,

Welcome to the community!

I'm glad you were able to call your sister in Rio. I assume you meant replying to a Whatsapp message and not a text message, though?

Wifi-calling using an app (ie WhatsApp or Skype, etc) is different from the Wifi-calling to which the OP referred. Any phone with Wifi-capabilities can use an app to make Wifi-calls and video calls. There are no phone settings which need to be enabled. Those calls are generally connected entirely via the internet. On the other hand, the Wifi-calling feature routes through the mobile networks before connecting to the other party (see graphic here) -- no app required. It is the access to the gateway which needs to be provisioned.

As far as I am aware, the Huawei phones are still not listed as being network Wifi-calling compatible.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

i have not tried this.

"

Open the Android settings Navigate to "Wireless & Networks" Go to "Call Settings" Select "WiFi Calling" and activate the option with the knob - done! You can now use the WiFi calling feature of your Huawei P20 Pro smartphone.

Source: https://www.solvemix.com/index.php/android-smartphones/17-year-2018/2149-huawei-p20-pro-how-to-activ...
Android Smartphones
© Solvemix - quick tips, tricks and solutions"

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

There's no Wi-Fi calling option in the call settings menu of the P20 Pro. Where are you getting this information from? 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @RafaM,

Welcome to the community!

You can get more info about Fido's WiFi calling here.

Edit: Fido's website says this phone has no WiFi calling. Fido will need to clarify this. 

Hey @RafaM

@KAPABLE-K is right. Unfortunately, the WI-FI Calling won't work for this phone.

You can find all of our compatible phones on the Community here.

Hope this helps.