cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oppo F7 connectivity issue

munishsharma
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have Oppo F7 bought from India. With Fido, I am getting either 3g or H+ on top of the screen. Even it keeps on switching between 3G or H+.

The network is too too slow that while driving, I am having a lot of trouble using google maps. I believe even 3G shouldn't be that much slow.

As per Oppo, these are the frequencies.

GSM: Bands 2/3/5/8 WCDMA: Bands 1/5/8 FDD-LTE: Bands 1/3/5/8 TD-LTE: Bands 38/40/41

https://www.oppo.com/in/smartphone-f7/specs/

Is this compatible with Fido? Please help, I am having a lot of trouble using google maps.

2 REPLIES 2

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

it is also possible problems with google maps is that you have the China version Rom of the Oppo F7 not the Global version Rom of Oppo F7 (which will be able to use google maps and usa apps like fb, twitter)

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Munishsharma,

Welcome to the community!

@munishsharma wrote:...

As per Oppo, these are the frequencies.

GSM: Bands 2/3/5/8 WCDMA: Bands 1/5/8 FDD-LTE: Bands 1/3/5/8 TD-LTE: Bands 38/40/41

Judging by those specifications, that phone has both of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G (GSM) and only one compatible band/frequency for '3G' (WCDMA or UMTS). With regards to LTE, that phone does not have any compatible bands or frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. So the phone should work on the '3G' network for data, however, coverage would depend on your location relative to the cellular towers. You can get an idea of your surrounding towers here.

In addition, you should also note that the different frequencies have varying characteristics. While the lower frequencies tend to travel farther and penetrate deeper than the higher frequencies (see graphic here), they also have less potential bandwidth capacity than the higher frequencies (see table here). Since your phone does not have all of the compatible bands/frequencies, it won't be able to access the potentially faster band 2 or 1900MHz.

Also, since that phone does not have any compatible LTE bands or frequencies, it will not be able to connect to that network.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers