cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 5T WiFi calling not working

ashscool
I'm a participant level 2

OnePlus 5T supportssVoWiFi and iIknow it works on my phone, however, when I tried contacting the customer care and they ask me to enable WiFi calling on my phone, the option doesn't show up. Is there any additional settings I need to get done from the carrier to have WiFi calling enabled on my number?

Oxygen OS version 9.0.3Screenshot_20190212-131222__01.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ashscool,

Welcome to the community!

Currently, Fido does not guarantee that certain services (ie Wifi-calling and voLTE) will work on devices not purchased from Fido. This topic has been discussed elsewhere in these threads. While there are a few instances where a non-Fido phone was able to use those services, all of those cases involved phone models which were offered by Fido. Since Fido does not sell OnePlus devices, it's unlikely Wifi-calling will work with the 5T.

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

ashscool

Thanks @Cawtau . I have read those topics before posting and was hoping that it has changed over the years that customers have been complaining about this issue. However, as an alternate approach to solving this problem. Does Fido support microcells or any signal boosters that can help me get calls? I only get 1 bar signal and 99% of the time my calls go to voicemail because cakes can't reach me. 

Hello again,

I am doubtful Fido will support a microcell, however, you should be able to use a signal booster. You would just need to make sure it is capable of boosting the required bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers