Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old iPhone 4s unlock?

MB899
I'm a participant level 2

Hi everyone,

I am a current Fido customer (although fairly new) and I have an HTC Sense I got when I started my contract a couple of months ago. I'm not really happy with the phone (Fido has been fine though Smiley ) I am an American who recently moved to Canada, and I still have my iPhone 4S sitting around. I miss it. A lot. It was on Verizon but isn't currently tied to any contracts. I was just wondering if there's any way Fido would be able to unlock my iPhone so I could use it instead of this HTC? That would be so amazing!

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@MB899 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am a current Fido customer (although fairly new) and I have an HTC Sense I got when I started my contract a couple of months ago. I'm not really happy with the phone (Fido has been fine though Smiley ) I am an American who recently moved to Canada, and I still have my iPhone 4S sitting around. I miss it. A lot. It was on Verizon but isn't currently tied to any contracts. I was just wondering if there's any way Fido would be able to unlock my iPhone so I could use it instead of this HTC? That would be so amazing!

Carriers cannot unlock iPhones that are locked to other carriers. You only options are:

1) find out if an exploit unlock exists, such as one of the "snow" unlocked via jailbreak or the Gevey SIM

2) Contact Verizon and have them do an "international unlock". They will unlock iPhones (after 60 days I think) but they only unlock them for non-US carriers (except the 5, which their spectrum commitments obligate them to unlock completely out of the box). Need an active Verizon acct to have them unlock it however.

MB899

Thank you! I'll call Verizon and see what they can do for me Smiley The phone was a line on my Grandma's account, and they still have their account open, so hopefully it will work out!

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@MB899 wrote:

Thank you! I'll call Verizon and see what they can do for me Smiley The phone was a line on my Grandma's account, and they still have their account open, so hopefully it will work out!

Probably best just to have her call them and request the unlock. Just send her the IMEI and instructions on who to call and what to say/ask for.