cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving all text messages

KatG
I'm a participant level 2

Hi. I  hade Nexus 5 and upgradet to LG  G5  and I don't recieve all the messages from both Iphone and Android phones. That has been going for months now. I didn't even realise.  How can you help?

***Edited to add labels***

20 REPLIES 20

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey KatG!

Welcome to the Community!

Is this happening with all our text messages or only with certain contacts? Are you able to send on to yourself?

Also, could you let us know if  you are using the stock messaging app and what software version is your device running?

Let us know!

KatG

Hi AmandaN,

Thanks for reply.

It does happen with few contacts (some Iphone, some Android phones) but not all messages.

Yesterday I've recieved one of two messages sent from the same number at the same time.

Yes, I can text myself.

I'm using the default  app that was on my phone and  I have Android  7.0

Thanks,

Kat

Thanks for all the details!

Have you noticed if there are any issues with outgoing texts? Do people receive them as usual?

Also, do you only fail to receive some text messages or do you also receive some with delays?

Let us know, we'll figure this out!

KatG

Hi,

I haven't noticed any issues with outgoing texts. I believe people recieve them .

I don't recieve any texts with delay, just some of them don't get delivered at all.

Also, I went to Fido store but they were't able to help me. 

They did replace the SIM card but Ithat didn't help at all.

Thanks,

Kat

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @KatG,

Thanks for the update!

I'll be sending you a PM shortly so we can take a closer look at this together Smiley

Talk to you soon.

Addy616
I'm having the same issues, was this fixed?

HI @Addy616!

What kind of phone do you have?

Addy616
Currently I'm using an s5 but had the same issue on my s4. I changed my number at the beginning of the year and still have this problem. Also, tech support has reset my network a few months back but still no luck.

Is it a Fido locked phone or an unlocked phone, @Addy616?

Addy616
Yes, it's a fido unlocked phone.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this together @Addy616!

See you there Smiley

vasilios2elite
I'm a participant level 3
Hello, I purchased a new unlocked phone 3 weeks ago, I am having the same problem as other individuals her, I am not receiving some text messages. Also, some of my texts & picture messages aren't being received by others. I had a did tech confirm that my unlocked phone has all the correct network settings, and they even reset my network connection. Please help.

Hey @vasilios2elite ,

Welcome to the Community! 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your device,we'll be happy to help! What kind of phone are you using at the moment? 

Is it  a Fido phone? 

Thanks for the details Smiley

Just to be clear, were you experiencing these texting issues before you purchased the Asus Zenfone?

Do you still have your Nexus 5? if you weren't experiencing any issues when you were using that phone, are you able to test out your service using the Nexus 5 Again and let us know what happens?

PJG
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am having the same problem.  I am not receiving any texts from my work colleague and I have tried using two different phones - he gets my texts but I don't get any of his.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Was this resolved @PJG?

What type of phone do you have? If it's the LG G5, check out this thread for the solution.

vasilios2elite
Hello again, I am not using a phone from fido, I am using an Asus zenfone3 Zoom

vasilios2elite
...oh ya... My previous phone was also a Nexus 5

Hey @vasilios2elite

I am sorry to see you're having these kinds of complications with your service. 

Thank you for this information. Can you tell us if you are using a 3rd party messaging App or the SMS function that came with the phone? 

vasilios2elite
I am currently using the stock message app that comes with Android. I've tried using a third party app also but it didn't help.