Non Fido phone - Volte/HD calling

I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Non Fido phone - Volte/HD calling

Hi guys,

Is it true that a phone that is capable of Volte/HD calling will not work with Fido if the phone was brought over from another carrier?

I am finding that serveral features on my Samsung GS7 Edge are not working the same way as my wife's Samsung GS7 when she is calling others who have the service enabled. The callquality is amazing on her phone.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Non Fido phone - Volte/HD calling

Hello @Krispychik3n it is true if you have a phone that was not purchased from Fido some features like WiFi calling and VoLTE will not work even if the phone is capable of it. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 25
I'm a Contributor Level 2 Zxaz
I'm a Contributor Level 2

people will never understand after all........of course fido/rogers blacklist all phone they do not sold.....

they register all their own phone in their system....basicaly their system is simply a rolleyes system who only detect their own phone they have bought from manufacturer like samsung/lg.....i fought with them to have all these feature until a technician finally admited this fact to me.....i had to spend many many hours on phone to finally come to this at the end...in my case i resolved this problem when i changed to a other provider simply....poped my new sim and almost instantly BANG i had everything..volte/wi-fi calling....everything....

when you take the time to search...you can have all these feature!!

they told me (fido agent) that they had alot of pressure and complain from subsriber...but reading from this forum it seem still nothing have be done yet...it seem that they simply just dont care from their subscriber after all.....lolll    

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 25
I'm a Participant Level 1 MAC73
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have the similar issue and customer services was not ready to provision tje VoLTE/WiFi ony phone.

They actively block VoLTE/WiFi calling on Non- Fido purchased phones. This is radicolus. I am on BYOD plan and not able to use these services.

I am going to switch the service to some other provider and advise my family and friends to stay away from FIDO.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 25

Hey MAC73,

Thanks for posting!

We definitely don't want to see you go! We know how important it is to be able to use the lastest features on your devices.

Keep an eye on the Community. We'll post an update if anything changes.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 25
I'm a Contributor Level 2 Zxaz
I'm a Contributor Level 2

If you don't want people to go......why you are doing this???  Why do you not give them these feature like other provider??? Give them satisfaction...... When people calling to register their phone on your rolleyes system you simply dont want?? With the popular awnser 'we cant guarantee it will work' wich is false and you know it.....

You just doing the opposite....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 25
I'm a Participant Level 2 LVC100
I'm a Participant Level 2

I totally agree.

I have the same situation, I wanted to have these features activated on my unlocked samsung device and the IMS shows it is not registered. I am also very upset with this, have been client for over 15 years and I also will start thinking in changing to a another provider who will give me the option to have these features automatically on my new device. Sad Fido has not done nothing on this aspect during all this time.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 25
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 14 in conversation