Non Fido phone - Volte/HD calling

I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Non Fido phone - Volte/HD calling

Hi guys,

Is it true that a phone that is capable of Volte/HD calling will not work with Fido if the phone was brought over from another carrier?

I am finding that serveral features on my Samsung GS7 Edge are not working the same way as my wife's Samsung GS7 when she is calling others who have the service enabled. The callquality is amazing on her phone.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Non Fido phone - Volte/HD calling

Hello @Krispychik3n it is true if you have a phone that was not purchased from Fido some features like WiFi calling and VoLTE will not work even if the phone is capable of it. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 37

Hey @Wickkedd,

We're really sad to learn that you're planning to leave us Sad

We know how important it is to be able to use all the latest features on your device and we're continuously working on improving our services, rest assured that your feedback will be heard by the right people! 

I'll send you a PM right away to take a closer look into it with you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 31 of 37
I'm a Contributor Level 2 danthemanx
I'm a Contributor Level 2

@FidoClaudia wrote:

Hey @Wickkedd,

We're really sad to learn that you're planning to leave us Sad

We know how important it is to be able to use all the latest features on your device and we're continuously working on improving our services, rest assured that your feedback will be heard by the right people! 

I'll send you a PM right away to take a closer look into it with you.

I agree with @Wickkedd they're 100% correct, you're purposely blocking these services and have been for years now. You're not doing anything to help users. You even sell the outright Fido phone for more than the manufacturer. It makes no sense whatsoever.. A lot of people are leaving Fido for this very reason. Just allow VoLTE and Wifi calling for unlocked BYOD already, stop blocking these services ffs.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 32 of 37
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

hi. 

make sure mobile is unlocked. make sure it does support Canada LTE bands. make sure it can use VoLTE and wifi calling. make sure apn settings are corrected to connect to fido. make sure sim card is replaced with new sim card. make sure user is postpaid. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 33 of 37

@patrickchan wrote:

hi. 

make sure mobile is unlocked. make sure it does support Canada LTE bands. make sure it can use VoLTE and wifi calling. make sure apn settings are corrected to connect to fido. make sure sim card is replaced with new sim card. make sure user is postpaid. 

You're speaking a lot of nonsense for no reason. We are all buying our regular unlocked phones in Canada either BestBuy or Samsung Canada, so all these questions are useless. For Samsung, it's the same W model as Fido sells themselves.

APN settings are correct because internet and mms are working perfectly fine. Nothing in there for IMS.

Stop repeating the same useless things over and over now.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 34 of 37
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 MAC73
I'm a Participant Level 2

One more thing that is equally relavent to this situation.

If you have a Fido/Rogers purchased unloked phone and use a non-Fido SIM, VoLTE and WiFi calling options disappear from settings. This persists even if you change the CSC code to match the new service provider.

So even you have bought phone from Fido and PAID for it, it will be useless for said features on a different network.

I have an LG and Galaxy S7 from Fido and can tell you from first hand experience.

So keep this in mind if you plan to purchase a Fido phone and in the future want to use it on a different network.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 35 of 37

@MAC73 wrote:

If you have a Fido/Rogers purchased unloked phone and use a non-Fido SIM, VoLTE and WiFi calling options disappear from settings. This persists even if you change the CSC code to match the new service provider.

So even you have bought phone from Fido and PAID for it, it will be useless for said features on a different network.

I have an LG and Galaxy S7 from Fido and can tell you from first hand experience.

So keep this in mind if you plan to purchase a Fido phone and in the future want to use it on a different network.

Lol that just depends on the new CSC you changed to and whether that carrier actually has VoLTE and Wifi calling. I'm not sure to which carrier you switched to but as long as their CSC has these services, you will see the settings.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 36 of 37
I'm a Participant Level 2 MAC73
I'm a Participant Level 2

@danthemanx wrote:

@MAC73 wrote:

Lol that just depends on the new CSC you changed to and whether that carrier actually has VoLTE and Wifi calling. I'm not sure to which carrier you switched to but as long as their CSC has these services, you will see the settings.

@danthemanx Of course, that oprater has the services in disussion and I am using them on another unlocked Galaxy S8+ without an issue.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 37 of 37