Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Internet Stick Locks up MS Outlook 2007, Internet Explorer and Chrome

MadMax
I'm a participant level 2

Hello Community Members;

I have a Sony Viao Laptop running Windows 7 and MS Office 2007. I was using my Nokia Internet Stick regularly through the first half of this year with no problems whatsoever. Then, I went a couple of months where I did not use the Nokia Internet Stick. When I tried to use the stick again, it did not open the Nokia Connection App but the blue light came on the stick as if it was connected. I tried to send and receive, only to have Outlook hang. I then opened Chrome, my preferred browser but it also froze. I tried Internet Explorer and when it froze, I had to do a hard reboot.

I restarted, ran maintenance utilities and tried again; same results except this time the Nokia App did open automatically and indicated that I was connected to the Internet. There was only a small amount of Data Sent and Zero Data received. Outlook and IE and Chrome Browsers froze.

I uninstalled the Nokia App and re-installed it. No change, this time, instead of doing a hard reboot, I simply pulled the Nokia Stick out of the USB port. Suddenly the browsers and Outlook were responsive again, but I had no internet access since the stick was disconnected.

I assumed that maybe my problem was similar to trying to get access at a hotel where you need to agree to terms of service in a browser window before Outlook or any other app gets access to the Internet. So I downloaded and installed Mozilla Firefox which worked! I could access the Internet, surf and browse as much as I wanted to BUT Outlook still froze, IE and Chrome also Froze.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening and what I can do to get Chrome but most importantly Outlook recognizing the Nokia Internet Stick Connection? I know if I call anyone, the typical response will be to blame the "other hardware" company, Sony will blame Nokia who will blame Sony, you all know that circle of frustration! Any replies will be greatly appreciated!

MadMax

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@ Community: Has anyone ever experienced a similar situation? How were you able to have it resolved?

MadMax

Thanks for the nudge FidoJudhy! I tested the nokia stick again today and still the same trouble....