No voicemail notification

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Dbm1
I'm a Participant Level 2

No voicemail notification

I never recieved notification of voicemail on my Samsung s9. I upgraded to s10e and still don't recieve any although my wife gets text message alerts of voicemail on my old s9. Have read posts but can't seem to find an answer. Thanks. Dave

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 14
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Irongoddess

Re: No voicemail notification

For the past few months, I haven't been getting those txt msg notifications that I have voice mail either ... I have a LG G6 and haven't changed any call settings so don't know why this is happening. I also don't receive any missed call messages unless I actually open up my phone app and check my log. Can you help me please @FidoNick ?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 14
Highlighted

Hey @Irongoddess! Welcome to the community. Smiley

Sometimes, the notifications are disabled for the Phone app. You need to enable them to view missed call badges.

For that, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Phone app under Settings > Apps > Phone. You will be taken to the app info page.

2. Tap on Notifications. In case the toggle next to Show notification is off, turn it on. Then tap on Missed calls.

3. On the next screen, first, enable the Show notifications toggle. Then make sure Show notification dot is on.

The voicemail text messages notifications are offered with our Voicemail value pack. If you don't receive them, it might be because you have the regular voicemail. We would need to access your account to confirm that. You can contact customer service or we can send you a private message from here. Let us know what you prefer!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 14
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Irongoddess

Hi @FidoVanessa ,

There is no toggle to turn on notification for Missed Calls. Nor is there a toggle to turn on text msgs for voicemail. I have gone into all apps that are related to calls, contacts, and phone management, even listing system apps and I have all notifications on.

I called Fido tech support and the guy said he couldn't help me and that I would have to call LG. So I did, and with the CSR there, was able to clear the cache in all apps related to calls, contacts, and phone management. He was not able to help me though with regards to receiving notifications for voicemail via txt msg like I used to. I had not touched any settings for this notification to stop, so haven't a clue what to do next. This is my business phone so it is important that I get my voice mails asap. I believe I have the value voice msg service of max 3 msgs. Please help me ... feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 14
Highlighted

Hello @Irongoddes,

We'll be sending a PM your way to take a look with you. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 14