cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service - Fido Network not found

amundsen
I'm a participant level 1

My phone just completely lost service in my house, and FIDO isn't even showing up as an available network in my settings.. I have reset it three times now, and it still isn't working.

***Edited to add labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Mansell2
I'm a participant level 2

My phone is unlocked and still having the same issue, even called a representative and nothings changed from their advice. 

Thanks

@Mansell2 wrote:

My phone is unlocked and still having the same issue, even called a representative and nothings changed from their advice. 

Thanks

Hello Mansell2,

Welcome to the community!

What phone are you using? Since it is unlocked, have you verified it has the compatible bands/frequencies? You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

If your phone does not have the full complement of bands/frequencies, you should note that coverage depends on corresponding bands/frequencies on your surrounding cellular towers as not all them have allf of the bands/frequencies. You can get an idea of your surrounding towers here.

Where are you situated? Have you verified that your area has Fido/Rogers coverage? Have you tried to enable roaming? If you are outside of Fido/Rogers coverage (but within another provider's coverage) your phone might connect to extended coverage as Fido-EXT.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Welcome to the Community @Mansell2!

When did this start happening? Was it working before with this phone?

We'd have to narrow down if it's the SIM card or the device itself, have you had the chance to test your SIM in another phone to see if it connects to the network?

Let us know Smiley

Mansell2

The last fido sim card worked fine, but its possible some one else might be using my old one maybe. 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at things together! Smiley

See you there Very_Happy

michelles
When will fido service be working. It's been an hour ago and won't pick up fido network.

Hey michelles, and welcome to the Community Smiley

That doesn't sound right at all. Have you tried to reboot your phone?

This might help.

albator1979

Same here in Montreal Area no Network since 4 hours, but can see them all when I search a network. Reboot my phone with and without SIM Card No joy...

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi amundsen,

Sorry to hear about this. 

Are you still experiencing the same issue?

phoenen

Hi there,

This issue is happening to me right now and it happened to me a few days back as well.

iOS is uptodate.  Restarted the phone with no success.

Is Fido having a technical misfunction on the Iphone5?

Please advise,

phoenen

Romymor
I have the same problem on my iphone 5 i changed the phone already twice from apple store and still the same problem peoples call me but the get my vocal box and no missed call i called fido they made a reset preference and still same problem apple told me to ask for a network priority since i always get one barre at laval but 4 at mtl can someone help me with this i also made a reset network from my iphone also

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. if Fido is not experiencing any network outage or network techinal issue then many other factors can contribute to not being able to access/connect to the network. Network issue can be the cause of faulty SIM, freezing phone, defective phone, OS related issues, outdated OS, Bugs/virus, 3rd party Apps, broken antenna & so on.

Some eligible Fido store are able to diagnose the phone to see if it's a device or OS related issue. To know which store can help with such you can click on the Link below, IPhone users must go to an Apple store.

http://www.fido.ca/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=StoreLocator&lang=en

Select: Device Tune-up, repair and loaner phone service & enter your postal code or City.

Before Going to a Fido or Apple Store, try these troubleshooting tips:

*** Try the SIM Card in a different device to see if issue replicate itself. if so it's a SIM card issue then just buy a new SIM card for $10 + tax. If SIM Card works fine then proceed with instructions below.

IPhone  : Hold Power turn on/off button  & hold Home button together & do not let go until the Apple logo appears. (IF doesn't work try the next one)

Settings > Carrier > manually search network > select Fido (IF doesn't work try the next one)

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Android: Turn phone OFF & ON

Settings > Wireless & Networks or More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Manually Search for a Network & select Fido.

Hope this helps!