cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE on unlocked Iphone 6

jtompky
I'm a participant level 3

Just switched to Fido from Rogers. I've got an unlocked iPhone 6. I'm not able to access the LTE network. I'm always on 3G, note LTE in sight. In fact, I've never seen a glimpse of it since joining Fido.

Yes, I've looked at my network settings. Yes, I've configured them. Yes, I have an LTE SIM card (or so I think). What's happening here? I live in the GTA and it's 2017... can't a girl get a little high-speed LTE network from time to time? Sad

**Edited to add labels**

6 REPLIES 6

Multipass
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I had the same issue but I had to got to

settings>general>reset>reset all settings

it won’t delete your data but remove Rogers embedded settings and get the Fido LTE to get its settings in place.

Fido was not able to help me and I spent hours figuring it out, as it was showing LTE but said user not activated by provider, calling back and forth is frustrating.

hope it helps someone, so I’ve posted it, as replacing the Sim would do nothing as the sim was fine on a different device.

gezimcela

Hi there. I will resolve your issue right away dear. So please go to general and after that setting. Under the settings find out profile it must be with name Rogers or something similar and open it . After you open it you have to delete this profile cose it is Rogers configuration and since they have the same cell  towers  it has to be replaced with fido . So after that restart you phone and you will have new configuration automatically by network. Enjoy your internet speed but don’t forget to activate LTE . Let me know ok?

jtompky

The solution was a new SIM card! 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@jtompky Welcome to the community!

I agree it's 2017 and girl can get pretty much anything she wants, with that being said I know you said you check all the settings and they are correct and if you just joined Fido and got a new SIM card it's most likely a LTE SIM. 

I would suggest you do a network reset and see if that resolves the problem.

Resetting Network settings can bring the solution. However, before moving ahead with the process, you should know that resetting the network will remove all the previous settings such as, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN settings, preferred network etc.

Step #1. Launch Settings app.

Step #2. Tap on General.

Step #3. Scroll down and tap on Reset.

Step #4. Tap on Reset Network Settings.

It could also be an incorrect provisioning on the account and a Fido rep can verify it.

jtompky

No dice! 

bagua168
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I can definitely help you with this as I just transferred from a different carrier and noticed I didn't have LTE. Hard reset or any turn-off and on will not solve this.

Basically, there are two ways to do this.

1) Download Fido APN from this and approve the settings https://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/

2) Check your current APN if a previous mobile carrier is using it, if so delete it. You can google how to check your phone APN.