cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S ICS 4.0.4 OTA update

CPB
I'm a participant level 2

Has anyone on Fido got the OTA update? Has it started rolling out yet? Seems like Bell, Telus, Rogers and Wind are getting theirs. What's the hold up Fido? Aren't you the same network as Rogers?

http://www.androidincanada.ca/news/confirmed-4-0-4-ics-very-slowly-being-pushed-to-galaxy-nexus-nexu...

***Edited to add labels***

7 REPLIES 7

d_vdberg
I'm a participant level 1

Update sucks! -battery that is. I was getting 18 hours on a battery on a normal work day. Now I get 6 hours. I've disabled Google+, deleted my corporate email account (to see if that helps but I can't live without it). I'm wasting a lot of time trying to figure this out. Also, my phone's ear speaker does not work at all now.

Don't upgrade if you are satisfied with you're phone as it is.

FillyVanilly
Haven't got anything! Toronto, if it makes a difference.
We've been more than patient and I'm not down to root my phone or w.e
Lets goooooo Google

gw2

I downloaded this update and now my phone is pretty much useless for anything except dialing out!  When it installed and rebooted itself, all I'm left with on the screen is the phone's dial pad. None of the menu touch buttons at the bottom of the screen work,  so I can't exit the dialpad. Also, I can't 'pull down' the icons from the top, like before, to change to another screen. Any suggested fixes, asap, would be greatly appreciated....thanks!

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey gw2,

Sorry we missed your post.

Were you able to get this fixed? It sounds like your phone was stuck in Emergency mode. 

Let us know!

ptremblay1

I also downloaded the installation file from Google.

The install went well and i am now a satisfied ICS user.. I have a Fido Nexus S... By the way the OS is WAY faster than Gingerbread... I love it

Philippe

CPB
Downloading update as I type. Nexus S 2.3.6 on Fido in Toronto as per above instructions from link! Hopefully I'll be able to download Instagram for Android once I'm on ICS. Says my device isn't compatible as of now

CPB
Got it to work by going to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.instagram.android in the Google Chrome Beta browser and signing in and clicking install. If I open in Google Play Store it says, "Your device is not compatible with this version."