cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My samsung s5 neo will not hear my voice when making phone calls unless i put it on speaker

rondaste
I'm a contributor level 1

I can receive calls and make calls on my phone, I can hear the other person's well. They cannot hear my voice unless I put it on speaker? Then I have to talk in the back of my phone where the sound comes from. My samsung is only months old too. It may have been doing this after I had it for only a month. I can keep using my speaker and talk to the back of my phone, but I must look like a total geek. I do not understand the networks that I came across by reading everyone posts. I want to buy a second hand iphone, but I am not sure what it means by stating a certain network. I have shaw and shaw 5GB? 

Thank you in advance!!!! I will look around and read other posts as well.

Rattycat

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @rondaste & welcome to the Community! Smiley

If you purchased your phone through us and it's only a couple of months old, you can bring it to a Fido store to have it sent out for repair. For more info, you can go here.

if you want to go ahead and purchase a 2nd hand phone, that can be done as well. Just be sure that it's unlocked and compatible with our network. You can get all the info you need about this here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

rondaste

Oh thank you so much for your quick response!! I will be looking at other phones that are fido phones. I found some nice iPhones that are with fido! I was not sure what people many when they mentioned the type of internet works with the phones? I never responded because I would have sounded like a true idiot😞.

Thanks for the advice regarding taking the phone into fido and sending it of while it is still under warranty!! I knew it was under warranty, and if this was a problem 10 years ago; I would have rushed it in for repair ASAP, however, due to texting 99% of my usage with the phone, I have just been talking to the back of my phone with no rush to bring it in. I barely use my dial phoning. 

I am curious as to the fido's internet service. Can someone fill me in a little bit about the fido internet, cost, and how much of a hassle it may be to switch from Shaw to fido's internet.I was completely blind to this knowledge until I was directed to the fido community forum. I usually skip out on any forums thinking it would be a waste of time and that it would not be to useful, and take a much longer time as well. 

Thank you,

Ronda

I am very pleased that I was directed to the forum. 

Hey @rondaste 

Check out this blog here for details on the Fido Internet service. Very_Happy Hope that helps!