cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new phone is terrible

VstarGurl
I'm a participant level 3

Hi I got a new phone from fido about 3 weeks ago. It is not working right. Can I change phones? I'm still within 30 days. This phone is possessed or has a mind of its own. I can't watch videos, I can't have a video conversation with my daughter in Duo, the video either stops when I watch it on like FB, or it disappears when I'm video chatting, the keyboard doesn't stay on even when I'm in the middle of typing. When I play my game I might have to go to my messages but when I go back to game it closes the app,I loose everything and have to restart the app. I hate this phone. I went from the G5 to the G6. It does other things too that I can't think of atm but it's so frustrating. Does anyone know what happens when you get a bunk phone and who can I talk to about getting a different phone? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoKarl
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @VstarGurl

We do offer a 15 days satisfaction Guarantee, since you are over the 15 days that option is not available. We do offer an option for devices that is defective within the warranty period (defects covered within warranty) a swap for the same phone, but you would need to contact the same channel you used to get the phone.

That being said, I would recommend to factory reset your phone and no restore your data from a backup and see if it works. 

I hope this helps.

VstarGurl

That's great, I will try that in hopes it works. I will let you know. 

Thank you. 

Do you think it's messed up because I tried to transfer everything over from my 5?

How did it go @VstarGurl? Were you able to test your device after a factory reset without restoring your data?

Apps have compatibility requirements such as your device's OS version, your location (by country), and the handset you're using. That said, could you give us more details on how you completed the transfer of your data from your old device to the new one?