cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Bad Experiences With Sony Ericsson's

gdawilson
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I currently own a Sony Ericsson T715A (Silver) and have had it for just over a year (with Fido) and I used to own a Sony Ericsson W810 (with Rogers- before I switched to Fido).

Within the last month or two I've been having battery issues with my T715- it's not lasting as long as it used to - which made me remember the exact same problem I had with the W810.  I don't know if Sony's cheap at producing long, lasting, batteries but I really want to upgrade to a new phone!

To make matters worse, as I connected my cell to the charger, tonight, it wouldn't charge! So I tried again- no go! So I began running my fingers down the charging cable and found out that my cat (that I got a year ago, today!) chewed through the cable...again!!! And of course, after I realized that I wouldn't be able to charge my phone temporarily (or until my dad gets a chance tomorrow to fix the cable) my phone died! I always wait until the batteries just about dead so that I don't wear-and-tear the battery- the more you charge something, the quicker its' battery dies!

Has anyone else had a bad experience with a Sony Ericsson before?

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

mbillows
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

We too, have a 715A. After having the phone for about 6 months, the unit didn't seem to go to full charge, but was also discharging without being used. We took the unit in and about a week later we got it back and it seemed to acting properly. Then in early November the slider refused to work and the phone was inoperative. A week later we got it back and it seemed to be working OK. I was keeping a close eye on it because the end of our warranty period was coming due. Sure enough, the charge issue came back. We took it back in. A week later when we picked it up, we were told that the phone and battery had been replaced with a new phone and battery. Guess what, here it is about a week later and the problem seems to be surfacing again.

We make very limited use of the unit. All voice calls, no data, no bluetooth. I think this is the end of the road for Sony Ericcson - I'll never but another product they make.

In contrast, our Nokia 3500C, although a year older has never given us a single bit of trouble.