cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola RAZR V3 settings / support...

LesDrive
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

OK, so I don`t need a Delorian to go back in time... the Motorola V3 will do the trick.

However, there seems to be a trick to it...

Upon inserting the Fido SIM card and powering the device ON, I can make phone calls and send/receive texts...but no MMS. And no WAP. Now, it`s been some time (about 9 years) when I last used a flip phone, but from what I remember, once the SIM is in it and connected to the network, isn`t the network suppose to automatically configure the phone settings? And if it doesn`t, am I suppose to call Cust. Serv for info on the set up? Which makes me think that there are some settings that need to be entered manually.

I did some research on line but basically, back in the day when this flip phones where in their glory, every network seems to have a different configuration to set up the MMS and the connection to WAP, which is understandable. Unfortunately, I couldn`t find any instructions setting up MMS and WAP for Fido network.

I know Fido supports Internet access on flip phones (old and new) as I know people with flip phones on Fido network, using the phoone`s minibrowser.

So my question is: to set up MMS and WAP connection, is it better to actualy go to a Fido store or should I call Technical Support and they can guide me through?

Thanks  

***Edited to add labels***

10 REPLIES 10