LG Gossip & PC suite

LG Gossip & PC suite

LG Gossip & PC suite

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 2

LG Gossip & PC suite

I am having trouble syncing my phone with my computer.  My OS is windows Vista and I never received a CD with the PC suite option.  My phone will  charge on my computer, but I cannot transfer music from my pc to my phone. Any help would be appreciated.

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: LG Gossip & PC suite

Solved by I'm Helpful Level 1

To transfer files, you need to connect it as mass storage. but you can only do this if the micro sd card is inside. Then it acts like a usb with various folders. if you plug in the usb it just asks u if you want to connect as mass storage or pc suite, pick mass storage. If you don't want to do this, go to menu, settings, connectivity, usb ..., select mass storage. Enjoy!

View solution in context
14 REPLIES 14
I'm a Participant Level 1

A simple solution for those having trouble with the pc suite.

Go to LG support page, look for your phone in the box supplied.

Close to the bottom of the paege you will see

"PC Sync."

Connect your phone and click on the little icon

Make sure you have PC Suite working on your Phone

You soon have a dowload for PC SUITE 3

It works.

I've never gotten my LG GB250 to sync with my PC, and have given up. I'm a CompTia A+ certified technician, so I'm not exactly computer illiterate. The phone did not originally come with a data cable, but Fido was gracious enough to credit me the cost of buying one. Then I learned that the phone will not work unless both cable and memory card are present. So I bought a memory card, but it still doesn't work. Then I learned that it doesn't work with Windows 7. An LG tech suggested I try Windows XP, I happen to have an old computer running that, but it won't work on that either. PC Suite will not recognize the phone, and neither my Win 7 or Win XP computers detect the device when Mass Storage is chosen. What's most annoying is you can't find any of this in the documentation. Both the full online manual and the one that came with the phone make no mention of a lack of Win 7 compatibility, or the need for both data cable and memory card. So basically, if you've tried to connect using PC Suite and as a Mass Storage device and it's failed - don't bother trying further - it never will.
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Agreed, did they void a contract by not mentioning this?

I'm a Participant Level 1

I just bought the LG Gossip and did not find a cd in the box. I use a MAC and wonder if this phone is compatible and whether I will be able to transfer music to the phone and photos from the phone to my Mac.  

I'm an Expert Level 2

if you put a memory card in it than yes your macintosh will still see it as a usb mass storage device and you can copy photos to and from your pone.

--
I am NOT a Fido employee, my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of this website and its affiliates.
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

To transfer files, you need to connect it as mass storage. but you can only do this if the micro sd card is inside. Then it acts like a usb with various folders. if you plug in the usb it just asks u if you want to connect as mass storage or pc suite, pick mass storage. If you don't want to do this, go to menu, settings, connectivity, usb ..., select mass storage. Enjoy!

Its not being scene at all, is this because wmp11 is needed?

Hello Other,

You should be aware that the information in this thread might not be applicable to your phone. What phone do you have?

Modern android devices do not support USB mass storage anymore. Rather, they use media transfer protocol (MTP) and picture transfer protocol (PTP). For more information, you can refer here

According LG, the MTP must be selected for the LG PC Suite to recognise the device (see here). Note: Newer phones may require LG Bridge. They provide instructions on how to select a USB mode here. While those instructions are for the Verizon version of the G3, I imagine the process would be similar for the rest of the LG phones. 

@Other wrote:

Its not being scene at all, is this because wmp11 is needed?

When you say it's not being seen at all, do you mean the file has been transfered to the phone but you cannot view the contents? Or the file transfered to computer but cannot view contents?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hello,

The phone is not being scene, when I first got it showed up in the tree.

I could see it as a drive and could transfer freely but not now.

After an unknown update I can no longer see in tree.

Phone offered to load the drivers just to find out they are not reconized.

Professional remedy, get a new computer with a newer OS?

I found out it is because phone software was developed on a superoir system then mine.

Just like most apps are also made on better platform.

So the change happens after the switch between manufacturer and carrier is when it goes down.

PC Suit, lollipop and kitkat did not work for me and there are no smart assed kids in my neighborhood.

I am not a computer engeneer and can not afford one, nor should I have to be doing any of this.

Hi @Other!

Can you clarify your question? I'm not sure to understand.

Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks FidoJean and TR!

Former Moderator

Hi lafiesta and welcome to the forums,

You will need to download the LG PC software at www.lg.com under their software section. For support installing this application and getting it running you would need to contact LG directly at 1-888-542-2623

I hope this helps, if you find out how to transfer those songs feel free to share it with the community. Smiley

I even found the download for PCsuiteIII at the LG canada website and I still can't get it to work. Great support around here.

I'm a Participant Level 3

I also have the LG GOSSIP and read the manual (saying it comes with the PC Suite CD) but it wasn't in the box. My phone won't allow anything on it because I don't have PC Suite. I downloaded PC SUITE off the LG Website but it doesn't work. I have tried everything and really want to get some music on my phone but can't. I hope that you "lafiesta" can find comfort in the fact that someone else is experiencing the same frustration and turmoil that you are feeling now. The fido website is a gong show for trying to figure stuff out sometimes. By the way, would happen to know if you don't have a data plan and you use the MY ACCOUNT ICON in the menu, will you get charged because I just started using it and checked my data counter and i have already 250kb from doing the MY ACCOUNT ICON, someone told me it was free but I feel like im going to get charged somehow. THANKS