Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 One Wifi Calling

Winnisk
I'm a participant level 3

HelIo,

I see on this list (pasted below) that the LG G7 does not have an wifi enabled calling option. I am curious why it would not be included. 

Thanks,

Jim

1. A Fido voice and LTE data plan with a monthly bill. Prepaid customers can't use Wi-Fi Calling.
  2. An LTE SIM installed in your device.
  3. A compatible Fido device, such as:
    • iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, or 8 Plus with iOS9 (or later) installed.
    • LG G4 with Android software version 6.0 (or later), LG G5 with Android software version 6.0.1 (or later), LG G6, V30, or Xpower2 with Android software version 7.0 (or later) installed.
    • Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S7, S7 edge, S8, S8+, Note 8, or A5 with Android software version 6.0.1 (or later) installed.
    • Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL with Android software version 8.0.1 (or later) installed.
8 REPLIES 8

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

get new sim card, check apn settings, postpaid users only.

jdurand
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Any updates on this one? Is this an LG or a Fido thing? 

Hey @jdurand

We don't have any new updates about this on our side. If there's any news on this we'll be sure to share it on Fido.ca. 

FidoSaira

Hey @Winnisk,

Welcome to Fido Community!

Wi-Fi calling is a feature that is offered on several devices purchased through Fido. The list you have provided is example of devices compatible. Keep in mind that the LG G7 One was lauched on October 19th 2018 and may not have been updated. That said, we can definitely take a look at this with you.

Is your LG G7 One purchased from Fido and cannot activate Wi-Fi calling?

Winnisk

Hello FidoSaira,

Yes, the phone was purchased through Fido. I have contacted Support via chat and phone but no luck. They were not sure if it was supported .

I have tried the instructions I found in this community - About Wi-Fi Calling - but I do not have those options .

Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Jim

@Winnisk

I had a look at the LG 7 One technical specifications and right now, WI-FI calling is not applicable to this model.

We will share your feedback to the team in charge. If there's any change, we will update this thread Smiley

Winnisk

Hello,

Thank you for the information. I will wait and hope that it is enabled in the near future. 

When you say that wifi calling is not applicable to this model do you mean that LG  did not include the capability, or that Fido has not enabled on their end?

Next question I have is would I have to proactively do anything to receive such and update (were it to happen), or are such updates pushed out to the phone automatically by Fido?

Thanks again for letting me know.

Jim

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey again @Winnisk,

As Wi-Fi calling services are dependent on the device capabilities, we will be working with the device's manufacturer to bring this capability to our customers. 

That being said, there is currently no ETA. But we'll be sure to update our About page to reflect any change.

Hope this helps.