LG G6 wifi Calling dropping calls

I'm a Contributor Level 1 bettyjane
I'm a Contributor Level 1

LG G6 wifi Calling dropping calls

Have a new Fido lg G6. Need wifi calling at home due to poor cell phone coverage. Wifi calling works but calls are dropped every 3 to 15 minutes. Within 5 seconds the wifi calling is back on and I can call again. Spent time with Fido chat (3 times) who were not able to resolve problem. They transferred me to Roger’s technical support. They tried taking wifi calling off my account and reinstalling. Problem persists. 

Telus is my internet provider. For nearly two years Wi-Fi calling worked with iPhone. New Fido lg g6 purchased February 14 and has been dropping calls ever since. Seems it is not the internet but the phone or Fido network. Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a solution or do I live with it or take the phone back?

Thanks,

Gary

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 36
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Wired

Re: LG G6 wifi Calling dropping calls

@Adelos 

If it is an issue with lg software update then i think it would be fido's responsibility to fix the issues with them at a more holistic level since this seems to affect many users. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 31 of 36
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Adelos

Well, I agree that only fido can fix this, it could be a server issue because I don't see people with lg G6 on other networks having same issue.

So maybe it started with lg update but it's also related to fido software. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 32 of 36
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Wired

@Adelos 

Yes only Fido can fix this with LG. This could be a worldwide issue tho as i can see post over the US over AT/T having same issues.     

It is certainly not the end users fault Happy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 33 of 36
I'm a Participant Level 2 PMAVH
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have read through the 33 posts on this topic and I am ALL IN with the same issue!!!

I just moved to a high rise condo in Etobicoke on the waterfront with terrible cell reception. Calls would either not even ring through or drop every few minutes.  My old phone did not support WIFI calling so I got a new LG G6 in early March.  I also set up a 3 node Google Mesh system that gives me excellent coverage throughout.  When I tried using it I got the same results - calls would drop every few minutes.  Tried Fido support for hours, they turned me over to Rogers support - MANY more hours without success.  Rogers suggested I turn off LTE mode to improve reception.  This actually works - especially if I press my face against the window when I am on the phone.

However, I think this may not be a problem exclusive to LG.  I have the same issue with my wife's Samsung S6.  Please Fido, fix the problem.  If it is not resolved by the end of June I am switching carriers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 34 of 36
I'm a Participant Level 2 PMAVH
I'm a Participant Level 2

BTW is there anyone out there who has WIFI calling working?

Let's try a survey:

Have you tried WIFI calling with Fido?

If you tried WIFI calling:

A - What phone have you tried it with?

If it is working:

1. How long you have had it working?

2.  Is it working 100% of the time?

3. Was it working out of the box?  If not, how did you get it working?

If WIFI calling with Fido is NOT working for you:

4. Have you contacted Fido for support?  Could you share the results?

Maybe we can get some traction if we get enough responses.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 35 of 36
I'm a Contributor Level 1 bettyjane

PMAVH 

Our family has 3 Fido phones.  Two iPhones (SE and 6s) have worked on wifi calling always. iPhone for over two years. 

LG G6 drops calls on Wifi calling. Have had LG phone for nearly two years and it has always done this. 

Bought a second G6 from Fido and it dropped calls. Worked with Fido and Rogers and even LG. None had ever heard of this problem and none could help so I returned the phone. 

Any solution would be appreciated since we still have 1LG that drops wifi calls 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 36 of 36