cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 video sounds horrible

kozy99
I'm a participant level 3

I got a new LG G6 about 5-6 weeks ago.  At first everything was fine.  In the past few weeks, if I take a video or a picture and send it to someone - the photos are either grainy or blurry, and the video sounds like ti was taken underwater.  Has this happened to anyone else?  The photos/video are fine on my own device, but the second I send them to someone else (or open them myself in facebook after sending them to someone), they are complete garbage.

Should I just return the phone under warranty?

***Edited to add Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

FidoKenny

Hey @kozy99 and welcome to the Community.

This shouldn't happen. You had that problem with your phone from the start?

Or it's a problem that started recently?

@Community: Anyone else having the same issue?

kozy99

@FidoKenny

I'm not sure if the problem was there from the very start, but I've had the phone about 5 weeks and at least 3 weeks ago my husband/both sisters came forward and told me that whenever I send a picture or video the quality is garbage.  The video makes the most angry.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks @kozy99

Can you confirm through which medium you send this video ? Is it by email, sms ? 

Do you compress the file or send it as the orginal? 

Thanks! 

kozy99

Oh sorry, and I don't compress the file at all.  Use original size.  @FidoRanya

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Can you test this out through another method and tell me if the video is the same quality @kozy99 ?

Thanks! 

Hey @kozy99

Any update for us?

kozy99

Sorry it took time to get it to work.

I took a 4 second video and texted it to my husband.  The phone made me compress the file first.  So he got it and it sounds normal (not underwater like everything sent in Facebook).  The video quality is still bad (poor image).  I never send antyhing through text if i can help it, since my phone's OS eats up 30% of my data every month as it is - I can't afford to use data for anything else.

I've been trying to send myself a video via email but it's not working and it looks like none of my emails have sent since I got this new phone so thats a new problem.

kozy99

Spoke to my internet provider and fixed the email problem.  Sent myself a test video through email - no issue.

Hey kozy99!

Thanks for the update!

Sounds like it's the use of Facebook Messenger to send your video that may be what's causing the difference sound quality, not the LG G6 itself. 

kozy99

99% of the time it's being sent through Facebook Messenger.