cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 QuickMemo keeps opening itself

MattyW
I'm a participant level 2

I just got an LG G5 recently and it's great, but the QuickMemo+ app keeps opening itself, almost constantly. If I'm texting, using an app, even just waking the phone up to check the time it can pop up, and it even does it when the phone is just at the blank rest screen. It's super annoying if I check the time/alarm before going to sleep, because then for the next 10 minutes or so I hear the little blip sound of the app opening over and over. It does it multiple times in a row, 20-30. If I click on the button to see what apps are running it's not listed there. I did a factory reset but it still does it. I tried deleting the app but it doesn't seem to have that option (I'm assuming because it's built in), might have missed it though. Has anyone experienced this and know of a fix?

** Edited to add labels **

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@MattyW That's really odd that it is doing it even after you did a factory reset. If you don;t have the option to uninstall the app its because its a system app but you should be able to disable it. 

Did you check to see if there is an update for it? If you got your phone in the last 15days you might be able to exchange it for full details see here.

MattyW

Thanks Kapable-K, there aren't any updates but I'll head in store tonight for an exchange if no one else posts first. Thanks!