LG G5 H831 Oreo 8.0 Problems

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 CherryC
I'm a Participant Level 2

LG G5 H831 Oreo 8.0 Problems

Since I updated to Oreo my LG G5 no longer fast charges and also has mobile network connection issues.

I did a factory reset on my phone to see if this would fix the issue and it did not Angry.

For the mobile network, I lose data access intermittently, even though my status icons say LTE / LTE+. I either have to restart my phone or cycle airplane mode on/off. Using the data on/off toggle does not work. This appears to only be a problem if I am on the move, if I stay at home, no issues. If I cycle airplane mode in another location and stay there no problems.

What has LG done so wrong in this update?

Has anyone been able to resolve this? My phone is near useless now Sad.

Accepted Solution

Re: LG G5 H831 Oreo 8.0 Problems

@FidoRanya I called LG support, supposedly this Android 8.0 update messed up a lot of LG G5 models (not just the H831) and also caused other further issues for other people (+ finger print reader not working, + wifi not working, etc).

they are working to send out a patch in November or early December. I guess I'll be stuck waiting Sad

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 37
Highlighted

Thanks for letting us know @assertnotnull

When this happens, did you notice if you lose the signal on your device altogether? 

Besides putting your phone in Airplane Mode, did you try any other troubleshooting steps so far and if yes, can you let us know what they are?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 31 of 37
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 assertnotnull
I'm a Participant Level 3

It doesn't show that I have no signal.

I tried the diagnostic mode doing *#*#4262#*#* and check there, turning mobile data on off but feels like I get the same result as airplane mode.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 32 of 37
Highlighted

Hey @assertnotnull

Can you try a reset to your network settings on your device and let us know if you notice an improvement? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 33 of 37
Highlighted

HI @FidoPierre 

I did it but it didn't change anything.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 34 of 37
Highlighted

Thank you for the updates. In this case, can you clarify if you've also had the chance to test resetting the device to it's factory settings? 

When you test a different SIM card in the phone, do you see the same complications? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 35 of 37
Highlighted

I have seen comments of other users in this thread who did reset their phone to factory settings without any improvement so I'm reluctant to do it and then only ending up losing local data and having to reinstall everything.

So far I have seen that I do not have this problem when I was on AT&T network

Also I don't have another SIM card

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 36 of 37
Highlighted

Hey @assertnotnull

If you already tried resetting your network settings, doing a factory reset would be the next troubleshooting step.  You can do a backup first to make sure you don't lose anything.

Let us know how it goes!  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 37 of 37