cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone XS Max backorder

Brett-Bennett
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

hello, i am a male teen. i purchased the Iphone XS Max approximately 2 and a half weeks ago with my mother and never received a shipping email.after a week, we called a few times, the first worker told us our order was still being processed in the warehouse and would take 3 to 4 days to ship, we waited that long and nothing. we call to complain and ask about our phone and we find out its backordered and weve been lied to this entire time. we were told to go to a fido store and see ifthey have any in stock and after visiting 3 locations in my city, there was none in stock, and none of the staff offered any solutions to call and figure anything out. i have a severe heart condition and an internal defibrillator in my chest and it is extremely important that i have access to a phone to call emergency services or my mother in the case of a sudden cardiac event. i am extremely frustrated and dissaitisfied witht he service and ive bee with fido for 5 years and have had nothing like this happen. especially during this time of covid-19 where all communication etc,. is happening on phones. i would like to know what is happening right now with this. and if i cannot be provided a real, straight forward answer, i would like the same plan of an iphone of equal or more value. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Brett-Bennett,

Welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to read that you've encountered troubles with your upgrade. It surely isn't the experience we wish to provide and we understand the importance of getting a new device as fast as possible especially with your condition.

While it does happen that some devices will go out of stock depending on the volume of orders, we should be able to give you a straight forward answer as to what is going on with your order. 

I'll send you a PM to have a closer look, but if ever you have account related questions in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us directly here.

I will talk to you in PM.