Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent SMS sent from my device - Samsung Galaxy Core

Fone2009
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

In these past few months, I've noticed that my Galaxy Core creates intermittent SMS from my contacts. Is there a way to stop this? It's a bit annoying.

I've turned off the device, made a soft reset, to no avail. My device has an anti-virus app that makes regular checks...

I haven't received any reply from any of my contacts, though.

Thank you for any advice/help you mayprovide.

***Edited to add label***

7 REPLIES 7

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hi @Fone2009 i'm not sure I clearly understand what you are saying by your phone "creates intermittent SMS from my contacts".

Ar you having problems receiving SMS or sending SMS and is it only happening with just the contacts that are stored on your phone?

Fone2009

It is only happening with the contacts that are stored on my phone: there is the name of my contact and (no subject). When I open the SMS, it looks as I do when writing a SMS.

It did this yesterday with more than 20 of my contacts, some appearing twice as if it picked the home phone too.

I have no problem sending and/or receiving SMS.

@Fone2009 are you using the default messaging app or are you using a different one? Did you install any other chat app before the problem started?

You can also try clearing the cache for the text app by going to settings-applications- look for the messenger app and then clear the cache.

Fone2009

I'm using the default messaging app. I've never installed any other chat app.

I've cleared the cache for the text app.

@Fone2009 now you just have to test and see if the problem comes back, you can also clear the phone's cache partition just to be safe you can do that by going to settings-storage and you should see it in there.

Fone2009

I'll continue to check. Thank you very much for your assistance.

@Fone2009 anytime! let us know if the problem comes back.