I might change my plan but first ?

I'm a Contributor Level 1 Paul905
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I might change my plan but first ?

Hello... I'm with Fido now, and I'm using my phone meaning when I went to Fido I already had my unlock phone to use which I am, and I don't have any contract but monthly. I have been given an opportunity for a better plan with GB. Any ways I need to know when one uses their own unlock phone is it always month to month no term contract just a monthly service? Because I was reading this from the term section and I'm curious what it means, below is what I was referring to

Bring your phone plans available to customers who bring in an unlocked phone with new activation of Fido service. All other plans are available only with a 2-year agreement. Early cancellation fees apply. Do I have a two years agreement with my unlocked phone since I'm not activating a new customer but rather changing plans? PLEASE READ NUMBER 1 and explain it more, thanks

Fido111.jpg

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 12

Re: I might change my plan but first ?

Don't bother Fido since this has made me upset I decided to go with a different carrier, thanks for the time we did have.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 12

Hey @Paul905

Since you brought you own device, you don't have a subsidy on your device. So you would be on a Bring Your Own Device plan.

I do hope that you keep your services with us. I'm sending you a PM now to see what's going on. Talk to you soon.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 12

Sorry dude,  it's too late I already signed up with another carrier. You people at Fido should make it clear with your terms policy when it comes to BYOP. I didn't appreciate how it was stated there, and I was going to try that  $55 dollars 8 gb plan but not now since I already made the change to a different carrier 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 12

Sorry to hear that @Paul905

If you change your mind, we will be happy to have you back with us.

We are here for you if there's anything.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 12

Well, whoever wrote this up is at fault for not making it clear. Since I'm not a new member and there no mentioning what number 1 is referring to with existing customers with BYOP. If this were written more precise, I wouldn't of went elsewhere... Maybe someone should add that all BYOP whether it being existing or new customers plans are basic on monthly charges

Subject to change without notice. On the Fido network or in an Extended Coverage area. Coverage not available in all areas.

Applies to all plans: Additional airtime, long distance, roaming, data, add-ons, provincial 9-1-1 fees (if applicable) and taxes are extra and billed monthly. Local airtime excludes calls made through Call Forwarding, Video Calling or similar services. Value Packs and Long Distance Add-ons require a subscription and must be added to a monthly plan. Information on 9-1-1 fees; fido.ca/911.

Subject to the Fido Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy provincial; fido.ca/terms.

Early Cancellation Fee (applicable to Term Services only). An Early Cancellation Fee(ECF) applies if you were given a device subsidy when you agreed to your new term, and if, for any reason, your wireless service or your new term is terminated prior to the end of the term of your Service Agreement (Service Agreement Term). The ECF is equal to the device subsidy multiplied by the number of months remaining in your Service Agreement Term divided by the total number of months of your Service Agreement Term (plus applicable taxes). In other words, ECF = Device Subsidy x # months left in your Service Agreement Term ÷ Total # months in your Service Agreement Term + applicable taxes.

± A Setup Service Fee of $35 applies to setup your device and related services. The Setup Service Fee is waived through self-serve on fido.ca (but not through Live Chat and Customer Service). If you require device setup in-store thereafter, a $35 Setup Service Fee will apply.

Bring your own phone plans available to customers who bring in an unlocked phone with new activation of Fido service. All other plans available only with a 2-year agreement. Early cancellation fees apply.
Plans available only with a 2-year agreement. Early cancellation fees apply.
Calls from Canada to Canadian numbers only, billed by the minute. Additional minutes: 50¢/min (Call Forwarding: 20¢/min).
Includes messages sent from Canada on the Fido network to email addresses or Canadian, U.S. and international wireless numbers. Sent/received premium messages (alerts, messages related to content and promotions) and messages sent while roaming not included and charged at applicable rates.
Additional data in $5 or $10 increments (as indicated). Data overage protection feature will prevent overage fees over $50, unless you choose to continue incurring charges. Roaming charges apply when not on the Fido network or in an Extended Coverage area within Canada; fido.ca/roaming.
Weeknights from 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. and weekends from Friday 5 p.m. to Monday 7 a.m.
Service includes up to 3 messages, each 3 minutes in length that can be saved up to 3 days.
Plan minutes (including weekends and evenings) and Circle Calling include local calls only; long distance charges of 55¢ apply.
By subscribing, user accepts messages being processed outside Canada. Not compatible with iPhone, BlackBerry or Android Visual Voicemail apps.
Messages can be saved up to 10 days, max. 5 min each.
Rates vary by country; fido.ca/longdistance.
Local airtime minutes only. Each additional minute costs 10¢.
Pay-Per-Use rate, subject to change without notice. Taxes extra. Fee charged per line in addition to plan monthly fee and applies for 24 hrs from first use in eligible destination. Roaming charges apply when outside eligible destination. Data: Usage exceeding plan allotment charged as per your plan. Messages: While in eligible destination, includes messages sent to local or Canadian wireless numbers. Sent/received premium and sent international messages to other destinations (unless your plan includes international messages) extra. Calls: While in an eligible destination, includes calls to local or Canadian numbers (airtime charges apply as per your plan). International long distance rates apply to calls made to other destinations. Fido.ca/terms for full terms and conditions.
Results may vary. Battery power consumption depends on factors such as signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, and other application-usage patterns.
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.
This feature requires a Google account, internet connection and location services turned on.
Internet connection required. Duo compatible with Android 4.1 and up and iOS 9 and up.
Feature only available in English.
This device has been tested and received and IP (Ingress Protection) rating of IP68, which tests for dust intrusion and for water submersion up to 1.5 metres for up to 30 minutes. Not shockproof.
Based on typical usage profile according to independent market research. Results may vary depending on actual usage.
Based on internal testing in controlled conditions. Device operating in flight mode, no further applications running. Battery results may vary depending on actual usage pattern.
USB OTG cable required. Sold separately.
MicroSD card sold separately.
Based on average battery life under typical usage conditions. Average expected performance based on typical usage. Actual battery life depends on factors such as network, features selected, frequency of calls, and voice, data and other application-usage patterns. Results may vary.
*Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. Charger sold separately in some markets.
Offer subject to change without notice. Available with Fido Pulse plans and on the Fido network only. Not available in Extended Coverage areas, while roaming or on Wi-Fi. Compatible iOS or Android device required using the updated version of the Fido My Account app.Limit of five 1-hour Data Bytes sessions per bill cycle. Minimum of 24 hours between Data Bytes sessions (starting at time of activation). Once activated, Data Bytes sessions cannot be stopped, paused or resumed. Regular data charges apply outside Data Bytes sessions.
Phone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are splash-, water- and dust-resistant, and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.
Compatible wireless charging mats sold separately.
Apple Music requires a subscription.
Unlimited original-quality storage for photos and videos taken with Pixel until Jan. 15, 2021, and unlimited high-quality storage for photos taken with Pixel afterwards. Requires Google Account and internet connection.
Google Lens is only available for Latin character sets. Internet connection required.
Requires internet connection. depends on actual situation.
Battery use statistics are approximate and represent a mixed use of talk, standby, web browsing, and other features, according to an average user profile as defined by Google. Uses that involve an active display or data usage will use battery more quickly, actual results may vary. Charging rates are based on use of the included charger.
Pixel 2 has a water protection rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Charger and accessories are not water resistant.
The iPhone X display has rounded corners that follow a beautiful curved design, and these corners are within a standard rectangle. When measured as a standard rectangular shape, the screen is 5.85 inches diagonally (actual viewable area is less).
Compatible wireless charging mats sold separately.
Apple Music requires a subscription.
Device Protection applies only to the device in use on the enrolled mobile number at time of failure. Applicable fees determined by device in use on your covered wireless number and may be adjusted to applicable rate if a different device is activated on your wireless number. Failures due to defects in material and workmanship during manufacturer’s warranty period are not protected; service requests during the manufacturer’s warranty period must be submitted through the Fido manufacturer warranty support programs. The Premium Device Protection plan is a month-to-month contract that continues until cancelled by you or Fido. Certain failures not protected, including: indirect damages; misuse or intentional acts; pre-existing failures; cosmetic damages that don’t affect function; damage caused by viruses or unauthorized programming. See full list in program terms and conditions available at fido.ca/servicerequest.
Replacement devices may be new or refurbished versions of the same or a comparable model, in our discretion.
MB and SK offer a combined insurance for lost/stolen/damage and service contract plan for extended warranty. The insurance policy for Premium Device Protection is underwritten by AIG Insurance Company of Canada, who may be contacted at 120 Bremner Boulevard Suite 2200 Toronto, Ontario, M5J 0A8. Consumers who elect the plan are contracting with AIG Insurance Company of Canada and not with Fido or any third party who offers the program. Fido, Brightstar Device Protection, Ltd., and third parties who offer the Premium Device Protection plan may receive compensation or other consideration for offering the plan. Within 30 days of requesting enrollment in the Premium Device Protection plan, consumers will be notified of their acceptance in the plan. If accepted, protection is effective on the date the enrollment was requested. Fido prepaid not eligible. Loss/theft protection not included in Québec.
Repair options available only if device is repairable, and depend on device type, location and damage. Available options will be provided at time of service request submission.
The processing fee will be collected from you prior to fulfilling your approved service request.
Subject to change without notice. Fido XTRA is a service offered by Fido to eligible Fido Mobile and Internet postpaid customers (prepaid plans not eligible). Offers made available through Fido XTRA have no cash value, and are subject to availability and offer conditions, as may be indicated. See fido.ca/terms for full terms and conditions.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 12

Thanks for the feedback, Paul905!

We appreciate any opportunity to improve the customer experience! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 12
I'm a Contributor Level 1 reemzl

I am on a BYOB now as well and when i phoned in they offered me something but every single person after that won't honour it, I am looking for a new network, let me know what you find out there.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 12

Hey @reemzl ,

Note that offers can change, but we wouldn't want to see you go.

We can send you a PM to go over your options if you'd like. Let us know Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 12
I'm a Contributor Level 1 reemzl

Charles, I have spoken to so many reps and everyone else seems to be ok if I go....while i understand an offer was made to me and may have been one that is not a "normal" one but it was offered and 1 thing stopped me from confirming on the spot what the feel of the physical phone and low and behold Fido won't honour it. I didn't ask for this plan it was OFFERED by FIDO STAFF!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 12