Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 Pro Android Pie update cause GPS issues

simonxcheng
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Hi guys, 

I have updated my Huawei P20 Pro to EMUI 9,0.0.178. After the update, GPS is not working properly. After reboot, the GPS is fine, but once I stopped navigation and start a new navigation, it keeps "Looking for GPS ...". I have tried GPS test app, it just could not get GPS fix. Whenever I need to navigate, I have to reboot the phone. I am wondering anyone is facing the same issue. I have wipe the cache partition but it did not help. I do not really want to do a factory reset. However, it seems that is the last resort I have. 

Thanks,

Screenshot_20190201_090932_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpgScreenshot_20190201_231750_com.chartcross.gpstest.jpg

67 REPLIES 67

@simonxcheng wrote:

The GPS stayed in good state for just one day after the factory reset. Reboot did not fix issues anymore. So, I did a factory reset again yesterday. This time, I will try GpsFix app if GPS goes wrong again. If it keeps having problems, I will send it back to Huawei. 

Since i too am in the same boat that any change lasted 24 hours.  I am stuck having to turn off  / power back on the phone and it seems to work for a few hours, which sucks but if i absolutely need it i'll have to do that for now.

Could it also be a software we both are using causing it?

arlenn
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

@Gabbie1977 wrote:

@simonxcheng wrote:

The GPS stayed in good state for just one day after the factory reset. Reboot did not fix issues anymore. So, I did a factory reset again yesterday. This time, I will try GpsFix app if GPS goes wrong again. If it keeps having problems, I will send it back to Huawei. 

Since i too am in the same boat that any change lasted 24 hours.  I am stuck having to turn off  / power back on the phone and it seems to work for a few hours, which sucks but if i absolutely need it i'll have to do that for now.

Could it also be a software we both are using causing it?

It's interesting, for me it's almost exactly 24h before the GPS fails

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you, @Gabbie1977!

FidoKenny

Hey @simonxcheng, thanks for sharing this.

@Community: Anyone has the same issue or a suggestion for our friend here?

ryadav
I'm a contributor level 3
I'm a contributor level 3

I see that Android P upgrade is light mode or say small lite version. No update in any of the claimed features... Its all fake. 

Most of the features are disable.disabled. even camera works horribly.

I did a full evaluation on every feature and most are not working. Just a cosmetic update...