cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 - No Service and blank or null IMEI number

tarekahf
I'm a contributor level 1

Since last week, I noticed my Huawei P10 is restarting randomly. Today, it restarted, and gave me message that there is some problem, and need to do factory reset. Then, I restarted instead.

After restart, the phone won't connect to the mobile network, and I see message "No Service" on the top of the status bar. I checked the IMEI number using *#06# and I see it blank or null value.

What shall I do now?

I am now without a phone... this is urgent please.

Tarek

**Edited to add tags and labels**

7 REPLIES 7

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for posting tarekahf!

That is definitely odd! Have you had the phone under a year?

If so, then I do suggest bringing it into a Fido store so it can be looked into and sent for repair. They can even provide you a loaner phone in the meantime.

To find the nearest store that handles repairs, check out our Store Locator and select the "Fix my Phone" option.

tarekahf

The status now ... 

I preformed a factoy reset, and the mobile now can connect to Fido mobile network. However, afer going through the configuraiton steps, now, I cannot start mst apps such as Google Play Store, Chrome browser and may other apps. But, I can make phone calls.

I was able to start Huawei Backup app, and was able to restore the messages, but, most other apps won't start.

It seems there is some hardware issue.

Yes, my device is still under one year, and I will defnitely take it to Fido store to get it replaced/repaired.

Tarek

Thanks for your reply tarekahf!

Keep us updated if possible Smiley

tarekahf

The phone now is OK, but I still suffer from random restarts and sometime apps won't start (crashes on start) and then I have to restart the phone.

Luckely, I was able to backup the phone using the built-in backup app. I then performed Factory Reset, which was the only solution.

First, I restored everything on start of the phone using Google Back/Restore. Then the phone was practically un-usable. It seems the problem was restored from the backup.

Then, I performed another Factory Reset, and now stated fresh. I then restored one app at a time from the built-in backup. Then it worked.

But still, the phone is restarting about 3-4 times per week randomly, and I have to restart the phone as some times some app won't start (it will crash on start).

Tarek

Hey @tarekahf

Thank you for sharing these updates with us. Sounds like you may still benefit from having your phone sent for servicing in this case. 

Did you get a chance to visit one of our Fido stores to have it sent to a repair center? 

tarekahf

I live in Mississauga, which store you recommend?

I will wait for some time to make sure the problem is not related to some faulty app updates.

Then, if the problem is consistent, I will take it to the store.

Will they give me replacement? I cannot make it without a phone.

Tarek

I know you can find a Fido store at the Square One Shopping Center.

You can use our Store Locator to find the closest store to you though Smiley

When sending a phone for servicing, you can benefit from the store's loaner program so you won't have to go without a phone. 

Hope this helps!