How to retrieve text messaging history

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 1

I got a phone number last night, my backupfiles were corrupted and I installed the new 4.1os on my iphone3g.

I called tech support, told me to call apple, apple said it was the provider who would have that history.

Now my backupfiles were corrupted so I had to clean the slate before installing 4.1 but the girl did text me back, I saw it pop up inbetween installs/syncing whatever.

I need that phone number. How can I get it?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: How to retrieve text messaging history

Solved by Fido Employee Spy2300

Hello Mattheweb,

I am sorry to hear that you have lost an important phone number that was stored in your text message history.  Unfortunately though there is currently no way that I am aware of to recover your previous history that was stored on your phone prior to the update / corruption of your IOS.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
I'm a Participant Level 2

I need to retrieve deleted text messages how do I do that

Hello Grace01,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, unless you or your phone backed up the messages, it is not possible to retrieve deleted messages. Text messages are not stored by the mobile providers. Once they have been delivered to the receipient, they are deleted from the servers. Even undeliverable text messages are deleted after a certain number of delivery attempts.

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Fido Employee

Hello Mattheweb,

I am sorry to hear that you have lost an important phone number that was stored in your text message history.  Unfortunately though there is currently no way that I am aware of to recover your previous history that was stored on your phone prior to the update / corruption of your IOS.