cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I forward my calls to another number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I forward my calls to another number?

15 REPLIES 15

FidoStephane

Hi there Paolo,

Each phone model has a call forwarding option in the menu. It is usually located in Settings. If you could reply while indicating your phone model I would be glad to provide you with the exact steps on how to activate call forwarding.

check with you soon,

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

You can actually find the answer in another post:

link

Anonymous
Not applicable
FidoStephanie, what is the GSM code for Unconditionally forwarding my calls from my cellular telephone to another number. I would like to save it into my phone book to do it quickly. I already know the disable forward code, please and thanks.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

Well, if you are looking to forward unconditionally, as Stephanie said, your phone should already have a setting for this that you can preset and toggle on and off, so it is available for you to do quickly, without adding it to your address book. Conditional codes and different destination numbers might be very useful to add to your address book, however.

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok so what is the code then? I am not asking how to do it via the phone menus, I have a gsm module, that has no display, I need to enter a gsm dialing code to initiate call forwarding unconditionally.

JasonB
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1
Ive posted it in another forum post here:
http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/message-id/1614/highlight/true#...

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Fido ou d’une société de son groupe.

JasonB
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

Sorry i did not add the "Unconditional" Call Forward

Activate

*21*[10 digits]#

Deactivate completely

##21#

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Fido ou d’une société de son groupe.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank u jason. Why couldn't FidoStefanie give me that information?

JasonB
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

We prefer customers do it throught their phone for many reasons.

Mainily because customer tend to forget GSM codes.

Also depending if you have Vociemail or not there may be diffrences to the answer we provide.

Glad I helped Very_Happy

GJC
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

It is possible to change the CF settings on an account but you may have to cancel existing VM subscription. Also, once this is done and you call your mobile phone and the call diverts, Fido does not populate the RedirectingPartyID (Call diversion header in SIP) so if the call is diverted to a Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) then the subscriber ID is not known. See SIP trace attached (you need to download wireshark (free) to view)

roughrider
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

do we have a code for conditional call forwarding?

Hey roughrider!

You can find a list of GSM codes to set up call forwarding here:

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/addon/call_forwarding

Hope this helps!

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@paulo: maybe she saw that you had already posted the answer in another thread prior to starting this one Wink

here

Anonymous
Not applicable
@10yearfido, how do you know what she saw? unless you happen to be the same person?

It doesn't seem right when it takes 8 replies before a question is solved. Kinda reminds you about how many times someone has to call into fido customer service to get a straight answer, no? Am I catching on to something here?

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

Hence my use of the word 'maybe'.

And your original question was simply 'how' without the further qualification of looking specifically for the GSM codes. So, while her answer didn't provide GSM codes, she did ask for the model so she could provide the instructions for the settings of the device. As to why she didn't follow up afterwards, well you asked for the codes yesterday at almost 6PM Montreal time, so maybe she was gone for the day and by time she got back into the thread today she saw JasonB had already answered the question.