cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One S - Home screen going berserk?

thenightginger
I'm a contributor level 1

Please see this link before reading: http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2012/06/26/home-screen-on-htc-one-s-goes-berserk-video/

A simple google search of "HTC One S home screen problem" will also bring up many results.

There is a very well known HUGE issue with the HTC One S, where basically in low signal areas the home screen will go berserk and the phone will become unusable. It has not been solved by two attempted software updates from HTC, there are many reports of people replacing their phone only to find the exact same issue. It is a major fault with the phone. Hundreds (maybe thousands) of people report this problem with no fix from HTC.

HOWEVER, it seems like this problem is mostly reported in Europe/UK, so I was wondering if anybody in Canada has experienced this issue? My agreement is coming up for renewal in November and I want to make sure I make a good decision so I'm not stuck with a useless phone. There is pretty much no policy with Fido that would let me exchange it (this problem usually happens weeks after using the phone, well past the "15 day" period that Fido offers and as stated before HTC will not be able to solve it by replacing the model).

Please come forward and post some comments if you have had this issue with the HTC One S. Thank you!

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephane

@Community:

Has any one experienced such an issue with their HTC One S?

thenightginger

Hi Stephane, if this did occur, what kind of assurance could Fido offer me?

I don't know of any policy that would have me covered... so why would I get this phone and renew my agreement for a whole two years if this may happen to me?

Thanks.

Hi there thenightginger,

We have no such reported issues from our customers using the One S. However, if you are hesitant, I recommend you choose a different device.

To answer your question, the phone come with a one year manufacture warranty, and a 15 day satisfaction guaranty.  

Click here for details