cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google assistant

Addy46
I'm a participant level 2

Google assistant has been going bat**bleep** crazy lately.ive disabled it, done everything this site: https://www.guidingtech.com/google-assistant-popping-up-randomly/

Has shown and STILL my assistant keeps popping up. To points where I can't even use my Spotify without it randomly skipping songs, pausing songs, turning my volume up and down, closing the app, opening the app, ECT. 

Even when on other apps it will constantly change the music volume, pop up at the bottom of the screen 

when I'm not touching or doing anything to activate it, especially after I just disabled everything! 

Why is this happening? It's only started within the last week and I just recently had to change my phone from a pixel to a pixel 2 because of software issues! I can't keep paying 100+ to 1000+ dollars to change phones because of faulty software! 

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Addy46,

Welcome to the community!

I'm currently using a Pixel 3xl and I never encounter this problem.

Try this and see if it works for you.

On your Pixeld device  > open the Google app > Menu (three horizontal lines or hamburger) > Settings > Google Assistant -Settings > Assistant tab > Phone > move the first 2 sliders to the left.

Addy46

@KAPABLE-K 

I've done that and nothing has worked. As I mentioned before, I've done everything the website I linked has said and the issue still remains. 

It seems to only happen when I'm wearing headphones if this helps.... Or when I go to use the volume/off button on the phone. This is one brand that doesn't have the regular aux headphone jack and it's rather at the bottom of the phone with an attachment..I'm not sure why it keeps happening. 

I really don't want to have to replace my phone...again...within the same year...

I'm starting to not be able to trust any brand anymore. It seems there's always some kind of technical issues...

Hello Addy46,

Welcome to the communtiy!

Have you contacted Google support? It appears that others have had similar issues (see here). If that thread doesn't help your situation, there may be other suggestions provided in that community.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello @Addy46,

If everything failed so far I would recommend you do a factory reset but this time do not do a restore do a new setup and install your apps only when needed and see if the problem goes away.

If that still does not work and you still have warranty I would suggest you contact Google.