cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated // Samsung Galaxy S7 // Warranty

jimmer69er
I'm a participant level 3

So I dove in and got the Samsung Galaxy S7 which is for me a pretty big deal seeing I am not working right now and waiting on a OP.

The rep told me it was back ordered a few weeks (silver) so i said fine and proceeded to go online and buy a bumper and a protective cover which would be here before said phone arrived. 2 days later UPS came a knocking and there it was a marvel of design and technology .

Being th e geek i am I started right into it with the newer OS  ,camera,sound etc... Well now I must take the dog for an evening walk and what better way to check out the lumination  and camera....

Well lets just say i had a very short courtship with the S7 as my dog being a dog decided a lump of turf was a vermit or something,full speed ahead and I watched in slo mo as the phone slid from my hand and the 3 feet of gravity beckoned it as it lay to rest on the edge of a lawn...whew,heart pounding that was close....The pale moonlight mocked me as i picked up a shattered screen with no display. A paper weight , Gorilla glass huh ,more like monkey glass. So anyway i have a paper weight that samsung does not offer an extended warranty,go figure with burning batteries and water damage etc etc..money loser. So at this point im sending it back to fido (certain this phone was a lemon) and go from there. I think Smart phone sellers aswell as the manufacturers should fully back there wares.

**Edited font for clarity

*** Edited to add tags and labels ***

***Edited Title***

6 REPLIES 6

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jimmer69er,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

Real sad to learn about that happened to your phone, that's definitely not a pleasant situation!

Indeed, the After-sales manufacturer’s warranty covers you for 1 year if the phone is defective and any physical/water damage is not included. More about the warranty can be found here.

We do have the Device Protection that offers like-for-like or comparable replacement for damaged devices that can be added in the first 15 days after the phone purchase only.

Do you happen to have the option on your account?

jimmer69er

I did  look into the 2 payment plans Fido offers and thought sweet id go with the $11 per month option in that it had the coverage within it to fix the phone. I believe the other option was a little more but a more expansive plan..

But when it just seems to good to be true , i must have missed it in the fine print that there would be a $200 deductible that i would be on the hook for which deflated my ballon some. Hell it was just fesh out of box and i wanted to run benmarks and other things.  Honest truth is i am not working right now due to a much needed surgery that been discussed the last few years so being laid up this long without a steady income 200 is signifigant to me at this juncture for sure. . Kinda hit me over the head like a bell when rep tossed the number out.. maybe fido can start a gofund me page .im basically a shut in with 2 feet for transportation and not employable at this juncture until i get the required surgey some time this calender year. Hindsight i should of passed on the upgrade butthey are beautifuly desinged and are a marvel of tech, I guess its time to get reading glasses or spellcheck. so this is my situation in a nutshell. I truly have lost alot of respect for samsom and the voided extra warranty pack, tells me this is mere commonplace with there shall i say cheaply builtunits  and the reacallsthat seem to follow. , Still in disbelief as i look at one of the best phones internally and with  design being so prone to cracks, fires, water etc.. maybe i take samsung to court,class action onlt to see if this was all intentional because we all know who is getting paid at the end of the day.  Shame on the response the lack backing your product,misleading at times. I got some time maybe do some investigative journalsm,see the real numbers on the service and replacement parts,goo side biz fer sure.

Oh Claudia , nice picture by the way would i be able to use you as my proxy per se...I can pitch the countless years as being my phone carrier and that went great, nest wifi phone,very impressd and finally you are my ISP, smokin bandwidth . The house the Fido built you could say. so why not and get the s7 ,yeah i should of did some homework on it but if it is in the market i can safely assume a litany of quality control testing has been prior to goimg live. I just need a mulligan and i wished that the order would have arrived in the next weeks and i would of had bumper and screens on hand ,threw me for a loop now  i will bumpers and screen protector,lil late eh.

Hey @jimmer69er,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing this update. In your original post you had mentioned sending the phone back to Fido. Can you clarify if this was something that was suggested to you by one of our representatives?

jimmer69er

Yeah that is the plan .I am going to nicely package it all up and set it on UPS to a return to sender because its useless to me at this point.

I have written Samsung to see if they would swap it out for a new one and hope to hear a response early this week. I mean they have billions of dollars and warehouses full of phones it be good PR on their end and a nice gesture for sure. Like a said 4 freaking hours from arrival did  i actually have a working phone.

eaching out to the powers that be to restore my faith in humanity and waive whatever fee,s that might be incurred. especially in this scenario.

I can totally understand how this can be an unfortunate situation @jimmer69er.

Keep us posted on how it works out when you receive a reply to your email! I just want to clarify that it wouldn't do much good to send us back this phone however, as we wouldn't be able to do anything with the device.

The only scenarios where we would be asking you to send us back a phone, is if you were returning or exchanging it within the satisfaction guarantee. This only applies for devices that are in the same condition as when they were sent out.

jimmer69er

Well i am definately not satisfied att all. Some serious falsehoods about the phone i found online, like water resistant,umm no, super amoled glass hehe , knee slapper, burning batteries. and it go,s on.. misleading to say the least. Well if i decide to send it back ,i already have the form sent by a rep you could use it as a paper weight or send it to OZ or a picture gallery.