Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency check given specifications

ashufouzdar
I'm a participant level 2

Dear Members,

I have two mobiles from my home country(India) and they claim to support following frequency bands :

Phone 1 :
GSM - B2, B3, B5, B8, WCDMA - B1, B2, B5, B8, 4G LTE TDD - B40, B41, FDD - B1, B3, B5

Phone 2 :
GSM - 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, WCDMA - B1/B5/B8, FDD - B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20, TDD - B40

I would like to know if these devices will be compatible with Fido 4G bands/frequencies.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ashufouzdar,

Welcome to the community!

@ashufouzdar wrote:...

Phone 1 :
GSM - B2, B3, B5, B8, WCDMA - B1, B2, B5, B8, 4G LTE TDD - B40, B41, FDD - B1, B3, B5

Phone 2 :
GSM - 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, WCDMA - B1/B5/B8, FDD - B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20, TDD - B40

Judging by those specifications, Phone 1 has all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone does not have any compatible bands/frequencies.

Phone 2 has all of the bands/frequencies for 2G and only one compatible band/frequency for '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone only has one compatible band/frequency, band 7 or 2600MHz. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

While both phones should work on the networks, coverage would depend on the bands/frequencies used by your surrounding cellular towers as not all cellular towers use all bands/frequencies. You can get an idea of your area cellular towers here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

ashufouzdar

Many thanks!

I surely helps.

Thanks,

ashutosh