cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Home Phone & Incoming calls from Magicjack

Mistor
I'm a participant level 2

My Fido Home phone Device: ZTE-WF720. I have this home phone service for more than one year.

Problem: Incoming calles made from Magicjack are going streight to my Voice mail

without ringing on my phone or displaying number in caller ID history on my

home phone. I was receiving these calls from magicjack in the past and these numbers

are in my contact list. One of the magicjack number is my own and others are my family

members. When I call my home phone through my Magicjack phone, I hear it is ringing

but not on my home phone and then it goes to voicemail. I have rebooted the ZTE device

by disconnecting power, removing backup batteries and sim card. This din't help.

Please help it is getting little anoying.

Thanks,

***edited to add labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Mikelmon
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I have the same issue. Any suggestions?

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi Mikelmon.

U got your name display removed? You found a solution.

Please reply i'm here to help. Smiley

Hey @Mikelmon! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

Have you contacted us regarding removing the name display on your account? If not, you can reach out to us here.

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Mistor, some calls from Magic Jack don't connect because of the name display in your account. It's as if the name display doesn't read the call properly which explains why you're don't get a notification.

For now, we can remove the call display if you want. Let me know, I'll take care of it. We don't exactly know when it'll be resolved.

How do I remove it?

Hey there, welcome to the community, Alex here and I'll be happy to help! 

If you're looking to have some of the features on your line removed, you'll need to get in touch with our customer service so that we can access your account and remove said features. 

You can find all of the ways to get in touch with our customer service here.

Mistor

Then, why is it sometimes the calls come through? With call display in my account calls were caming through from Magicjack untill last month. I want to keep call display but we can remove name display if it is possible for now.

Thanks.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Mistor,

Thanks for your reply Smiley 

I'll send you a PM shortly and we'll test it out!

dj_dolma

I'm having the same issue. Is there any resolution to this issue as of yet?

Hey dj_dolma, 

i'll send you a PM shortly so we can look into your account Smiley