Esim support

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Esim support

Hi

i am wondering if Fido is supporting esim on iPhone xs. If not when it will be possible for them to support. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Esim support

Hey Community!

Just wanted to take a moment to share some good news today Smiley

Fido customers can now activate eSIM on their iPhone Xr, Xs, Xs Max, Google Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL! 

The activation of the eSIM on these devices must be done in a corporate Fido store. Our customer care can also activate, as long as it's for a BYOP line. 

Also, keep in mind that eSIM activations are only available on no-term activations at this time. 

One last thing to note is that the iPhone on which you're trying to activate the eSIM must have an Internet connection, either through WiFi or through the primary SIM. The connection is used to download the SIM profile to the eSIM.

We hope this helps! 

***Update*** As of 06/06/2019 you can now activate an eSIM with an iPhone Xr, Xs, or Xs Max on a 2 year term. 

***Update*** As of 10/17/2019 eSIM can be activated in any Fido Corporate store. Check out our store locator to find the nearest one. 

***Update*** eSIMs are available in all retail stores except Best Buy.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 119
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

What's the answer?  Can those of us with only the data plan switch over to an eSIM?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 101 of 119
Highlighted

Hey all! Thanks for your patience. Smiley

We're still looking into this. We'll post an answer here the moment we get one.

Thanks again!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 102 of 119
Highlighted

@FidoPhilippe @ryanrudolf Can you let us know if you're able to transfer your data-only plan to eSIM? Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 103 of 119
Highlighted

Hello @AoS,

Welcome to the community!

It depends on the device you're using.

What kind of device are you using?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 104 of 119
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi there! 

I have data only plan with 2 yrs contract but currently using that sim on my iphone 8. (from alpple store)

now i am thinking to buy iphone se 2020 (from apple as well) I would like to use my plan with esim on new iphone. is this possible? I do not have phone line plan with you, just data only. thank you! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 105 of 119
Highlighted

I had the exact same experience as jdavidp.  I am 8 hours away from a corporate store and when I called Fido about getting an esim without visiting a corporate store they told me it was not possible.  To answer your questions, I have an existing prepaid plan for which I provided my own phone. 

Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 106 of 119
Highlighted

Hey @naluant

That's a good question. We're double-checking a couple of things and will get back to you as soon as we have more information. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 107 of 119
Highlighted

Hey @Sasker

Considering some of our current store closures, and the distance involved for you here, I would like to take a closer look into your account to see if we can check out some options together. I'll send you a PM now. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 108 of 119
Highlighted

Hey @naluant

Just a little follow-up here that you can get your new device and activate your eSIM to it. You can find out more information about this under ``How do I switch between devices if I have an eSIM?``on this page here.

I hope this helps. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 109 of 119
Highlighted

Hi @FidoPierre 

Thank you for following up. My question is data only plan sim can switch to eSim on iPhone SE 2020?

Looking forward to hear from you again! 

Stay safe and healthy!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 110 of 119